Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

I beat the story mode in Injustice 2 over the weekend. For those who don't know this is a fighting game franchise made by the Mortal Kombat developers based on characters from DC Comics. I'm not a big fighting game guy in general but I like this series because they take the time to make an actual campaign.

The story in both games is good if you are into the DC Characters. With the exception of Batman I've always leaned more towards Marvel but I do watch the DC shows on CW and I have seen all the recent DC movies. There are plenty of characters in this game that I have never heard of but if you watch the CW shows you will find most of those characters represented in this game (Flash, Reverse Flash, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Black Canary, Grodd, Firestorm, Captain Cold). They obviously have all the major characters from the movies too.

The way the story in the first game starts out Joker has somehow drugged Superman and tricked him into murdering his pregnant wife, Lois Lane. While on Jokers drugs he also detonates a nuclear weapon that destroys his hometown of Metropolis and kills most of its citizens in the process. When the drugs wear off and he realizes what he has done Superman murders Joker in revenge and decides that the old system isn't working. Instead of putting super villains in jail he decides to start killing all of them. He basically takes over the governing of the entire world and recruits other heroes to his cause. If they decline he imprisons them. Batman obviously has a problem with all of this so he recruits heroes to take on Superman and his team. This is obviously a pretty dark story but it sets up a compelling reason for these heroes who are normally on the same side to be fighting each other in both of these games.

Even as someone who doesn't normally care about fighting games and prefers Marvel to DC I really like these games. This is easily my favorite fighting game franchise. With the previous game I played through the story and basically never touched it again. This time I have already gone back a few times to play the multiiverse. For fans of Mortal Kombat these are the living towers from that franchise where you pick a charcter and have to beat 4 or 5 AI characters. They typically modify the rules of normal fights and do something like make certain kinds of attacks stronger or drop random health orbs on the ground.

The point is that there is quite a bit of content here even if you don't typically have someone to play against in local multiplayer or are not thrilled about getting destroyed in online multiplayer. I'm not sure how long I will keep coming back to this game but I know I'm not done with it yet. I would also recommend keeping an eye out for deals on the first game if you haven't played it yet. The Ultimate Edition with all the DLC characters included goes on sale for $4.99 pretty often.

I recently finished Injustice 2 as well. Will have a video review up hopefully by Monday (these things are harder to put together than you may think.)

Speaking of reviews, I FINALLY got my review done of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

And I just tired out Shantae and the Pirate's Curse thanks to Xbox Game Pass

I tried out the story mode of Tekken 7. It's like the developers looked at what Netherrealm did in terms of story quality and making their games accessible to new players and said, "Yeah, let's do the exact OPPOSITE of those guys!" At this point I just want to beat it so I can say I did and give a more in depth review.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Gave up on Tekken 7 for reasons I'll get into in my upcoming Injustice 2 Vs Tekken 7 review. Long story short: Unless you are a recent Tekken veteran you are NOT going to have fun with this game.

In other news, I'm delving into Yakuza 0 now.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Yakuza 0 is, interesting. Today alone I helped stop a group of high school girls that were selling their used panties to perverts, as well as helped a Dominatrix become better at her job. Yeah this game has some interesting side quests.

In other news, I read an article on Polygon saying that the demo of Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite wasn't very good, so I decided to try it out. All I can say is that the storytelling and acting of this compared to the MCU is like comparing the DCU to the MCU, to the point that it's almost scary.

I tried out Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls as part of my "Random stuff I rent from Gamefly" series. It's...... well... just watch.

I tried out Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls as part of my "Random stuff I rent from Gamefly" series. It's...... well... just watch.

Interesting game. My daughter's had it for the Vita for a while (she loves the whole series). Just got it the other day for the PS4 and my oldest son has been playing it (my daughter won't let him touch her Vita).

I decided to take a break from curb stomping Japanese people and helping young adults fight children to try out The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC.

Here's my review.

And if you can't be bothered to actually play it, you can watch me do so here. It's only 2 hours.

Edit: I don't know why the thumbnail on the playthrough is like that of a removed video but trust me it's there. Maybe because I had 3 copyright claims on the video thanks to licensed music.

Last edited:
Finally finished my review of Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Overall it's a very good game, although may turn off people with its visual novel style of storytelling.

Not sure what single player campaign I'll go after next. Titanfall 2 and Overwatch are getting big multiplayer updates this week. I'm still in the middle of Yakuza 0, and I don't see myself finishing that until the fall.

Finally finished my review of Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Overall it's a very good game, although may turn off people with its visual novel style of storytelling.

Not sure what single player campaign I'll go after next. Titanfall 2 and Overwatch are getting big multiplayer updates this week. I'm still in the middle of Yakuza 0, and I don't see myself finishing that until the fall.

Nice review. If you want the first two games in the series Amazon has a PS4 bundle that includes both of them at a special price of $29.99 for Prime members. If you don't have Prime it's $39.99.

Amazon product ASIN B01M6TJBQB

The Sexy Brutale went on sale for 50% off recently so I decided to finally try it out.

It's frustrating how bad I did early on, but I am definitely intrigued to keep trying.

Finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy last night. Overall it's good, assuming you like the Uncharted games, and even if you're lukewarm on the series like I am I think you'll enjoy it. My review here:

Well I tried out Knack 2... and now I can say that those were 3 hours of my life I'll never get back...

I need a break from Yakuza and Overwatch until MvC 4 comes out so I'm going to try out Killer is Dead.

Last edited:
I decided to take a break from curb stomping Japanese people and helping young adults fight children to try out The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC.

Here's my review.

I guess over the past two years I forgot all the things I didn't like about TLOU, so I recently started a New Game+ run on normal difficulty.

Now that I have a better knowledge of the game and story, some things annoy me even more. For instance, I just finished the Ellie section, where she had an unlimited-use knife the entire time. So why couldn't Joel, who somehow acquired every manner of firearm, including a flame-thrower, acquire a good hunting knife that wasn't prone to breaking like the shivs he had to constantly craft with precious resources and were necessary to stealth kill the most lethal enemies in the game? As you level Joel up, the shivs eventually become unbreakable when killing enemies, but you'll likely be midway through your NG+ playthrough (and hunting down every supplement in the game) to make that happen.

Speaking of the Ellie section, how come none of the Joel upgrades enhance her in NG+? If you're going to give her some mysteriously acquired ability to see enemies through walls like Joel has, at least give her the same range.

Why on earth does a game in which most enemies rush you the second you are spotted not allow shooting from the hip (no aim) or blind-firing? I understand balancing, but it's just one more thing that makes this game more frustrating than fun.

Why do I have to beat a game on the highest difficulty in order to play in NG+ mode on that difficulty? Sure, deprive me of the trophy, but at least give me the option. (And yes, I'm aware of the exploit that circumvents this).

On the plus side, the game still looks great (I'm not seeing any of the graphics glitches I encountered the first time I played the PS4 remastered version), and of course the music and voice acting are top notch. So A+ for presentation. Everything else (especially story and gameplay), like yourbeliefs said, make this game vastly overrated.

Getting to the Left Behind: I did play this two years ago as well and had considered replaying it again after my NG+, but now I'm not so sure.

The Last of Us will always be one of the greatest gaming experiences I’ve ever had. None of the negatives you pointed out bothered me much at all.

Do any of you have a list of your favorite war game campaigns? I have always preferred historical ones like WWI and WWII compared to made up ones like the Modern Warfare games but they are still enjoyable. I was considering getting the new COD WWII game for Christmas but possibly adding some older games to my collection like Battlefield I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts