where are the 4dtv receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gardenman2002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
indiana
Hey everyone gardenman2002 here.
Just thought i would throw in a discussion on 4dtv receivers. How come the clone companies and other sat receiver companies have not bothered to emulate, build , or clone the dsr 410,922, etc?
With all the technology out there and the demand for those receivers, you would think someone would convert or build a receiver to receive the signals on w5. I dont have one myself yet. Im going to buy one from skyvision.Maybe im wrong on this posting but are there other receivers on the market that can receive the signal and get a good picture?

Thanks,
gardenman2002

As I understand it, the issue is DigiCiper II is protected by Motorola so no one is allowed/can produce a DCII compatible box.

FTA Recevers

Has anyone done anything to see if FTA receivers can lock on to the DC2 signals for 4DTV etc. I know i get lot of locks on scrambled signals but have no knowledge how to determine just what kind of signal is locked on to. If some of them do that couldn't motorola develop a card for those receivers that have that option. Be neat to develop something that would plug in to the old VC2 cage box to enable old IRD designs also.

Asket said:
Has anyone done anything to see if FTA receivers can lock on to the DC2 signals for 4DTV etc. I know i get lot of locks on scrambled signals but have no knowledge how to determine just what kind of signal is locked on to. If some of them do that couldn't motorola develop a card for those receivers that have that option. Be neat to develop something that would plug in to the old VC2 cage box to enable old IRD designs also.

A dvb receiver will not lock a DCII signal. The modulation scheme is different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)