Where are the Big Ten Network overflow channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
When is DirecTV going to add/update the Big Ten Network overflow channels? BTN's website says they're 609/609-1, 611/611-1, 612/612-1 and 615/615-1. 623/623-1 and 625/625-1 aren't used any more according to them. I thought they'd add them today since its Wednesday but nothing. I better not miss any Big Ten games...:confused:

When is DirecTV going to add/update the Big Ten Network overflow channels? BTN's website says they're 609/609-1, 611/611-1, 612/612-1 and 615/615-1. 623/623-1 and 625/625-1 aren't used any more according to them. I thought they'd add them today since its Wednesday but nothing. I better not miss any Big Ten games...:confused:

They will pop in on Friday or Sat. morning, the same way they did last year, they will be there ....

Okay, I hope so. I wasn't here at the start of college football last year.

But I thought they always added/changed channels on Wednesdays?

Tom that is generally true of regular channels, but I do not think it applies to overflow channels.

I agree with Jimbo. Friday or Sat. morning

Where did you find this info ?

BTN's website says they're 609/609-1, 611/611-1, 612/612-1 and 615/615-1. 623/623-1 and 625/625-1 aren't used any more according to them.

I would guess that the overflow channels would be in the same area as the original channel as always.

half of them started showing Saturdays games as upcoming but only for the SD feeds. The others still show to be announced. There 2 615's now: 615 DTV, and 615 BTNa (no HD feed, WTF). 623/623-1 and 625/625-1 are still there as BTNa/BTNaHD, they should be deleted since these are obsolete. Jesus DirecTV learn how to program an EPG!!!!!!!!!!

Chill out Tom.

The Big 10 Alt feeds will be there.

Don't you have an EMail address to spam demanding the rest of the Premium Movie Channels in HD so you can see Fletch or Hot Shots Part Deux for the 29th time.:D

FYI the official spelling is Big TEN. Its not "10" because there are actually 11 schools in the conference and if you look closely at the logo you can see an "11".

big_ten.jpg

I don't give a crap about movie channels any more. I only watch original shows on them nowadays. I watch way more sports than movies. And I very very seldom watch any movie more than once.

Personal attacks are uncalled for BTW.

FYI the official spelling is Big TEN. Its not "10" because there are actually 11 schools in the conference and if you look closely at the logo you can see an "11".

big_ten.jpg

I don't give a crap about movie channels any more. I only watch original shows on them nowadays. I watch way more sports than movies.

Personal attacks are uncalled for BTW.

Tell the Conference to try and be competitive in a Rose Bowl for a stretch of time and I will then afford them the respect of using their moniker correctly.

Glad to see you've moved on, and given up flogging the dead horse of adding addittional Premium Movie Channels in HD. Agreed that the Original Series are the only things worth watching on them.

The last line in my earlier post was intended in good humor, thus the emoticon.

My sincere apologies if you mistook it as a personal attack.

Looking forward to seeing the Games on the BigTen Network and overflow channels myself.

Okay well don't assume things though. I'm hardly a movie buff. Since I got my DVD player 6 years ago I've only bought 3 movies (based on TV shows). The rest of my collection are TV series. Now can we get back to the topic?

Go Blue!

Netflix has a nice selection of TV series. I watch a lot of them myself.

You're right, I always assumed you were a huge Movie Buff since you advocated non stop for addittional Premium Movie Channels in HD.Both here and the DBS site also.

At least I think it was you under a slightly different moniker now at the other site.

Screw Nextflix, my gf rents DVD's from the public library for free!

I just can't stand having to watch SD channels when I know there's and HD version of it out there; and for the price of the premiums you'd think they'd all be in HD. But that's a different topic and I don't feel like arguing about it any more.
I haven't started a movie thread in probably 6 months, my most recent 10 or so are all sports.

half of them started showing Saturdays games as upcoming but only for the SD feeds. The others still show to be announced. There 2 615's now: 615 DTV, and 615 BTNa (no HD feed, WTF). 623/623-1 and 625/625-1 are still there as BTNa/BTNaHD, they should be deleted since these are obsolete. Jesus DirecTV learn how to program an EPG!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Tom,
D* does not handle the Program Guide info, that's done by the Tribune company.

Sorry Tom,
D* does not handle the Program Guide info, that's done by the Tribune company.

I emailed BTN (they actually write non-robotic personal responses believe it or not) about it and they said they contacted DirecTV and it should be filled out by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Seeing double

Why are there 2 channel 615's? One is labeled DTV and the other is BTNa. There's also a 615-1 DTV. Shoudn't it just be 615 BTNa and 615-1 BTNa?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)