Where are the KU band channels in the new SATMEX8?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

farwest5050

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Austin,TX
Hello everyone. I have scanned SATMEX8 several times. I got a lot af C band TPs but I have locked only 2 KU and 2 channels: BYU and ESN. So where are the rest of KU channels? GEOSATPRO micro HD, Sadoun 6 feet dish, standard KU/C bands BSC621 LNBF.

Hello everyone. I have scanned SATMEX8 several times. I got a lot af C band TPs but I have locked only 2 KU and 2 channels: BYU and ESN. So where are the rest of KU channels? GEOSATPRO micro HD, Sadoun 6 feet dish, standard KU/C bands BSC621 LNBF.

with that combo LNB you wont get very good results on the ku side using a dish smaller then 8FT. Unless you turn it clockwise little by little you will gain KU quality but lose CBAND quality.

...And how many KU channels are in SATMEX8? I would like to know if it is good to scarify some C band channels to get KU.

...And how many KU channels are in SATMEX8? I would like to know if it is good to scarify some C band channels to get KU.

Ku channels on Satmex8.. most are religious. Televisa Tijuana is one that most like from there. Occasionally there is Televisa feeds from Foro TV and Politics feed from the President like when the Chinese lead was in Mexico.

CBAND about 60 to 70 channels. Alot of channels from Dominican Republic and Honduras. The Mexican tv channels are scattered from many resouces of low interest. And NO you don't get Canal 2/4/5/7/9/13 which are the major ones.

But what you do get is occasional feeds from Sporting events in HD which is always good.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

scanned satmex8 and I get 12126H5399 and 12126V5399. I am using microhd and 1.2 satav dish with satav lnb. does that indicate that the satellite is tipped one way or another? charlie btw, I scanned in 7 channels but two of them were both h and v.

Yes, there is a lot of No interest channels on SATMX8 C band except some sport and music channels. SiTV play a lot of 60s,70s 80s,90s and contemporary American music. Some channels transmit political programing in Spanish. Ecuador has several channels also some for movies and INTI network that is in HD 720p. Regarding to KU, the only one interesting channel is BYU international. I guess SATMEX6 has much better channels like MTC (The Mexican travel channel).More good channels are I 103W I think.

brian, I checked the bracket the dg380 is mounted in and it is level. that should mean the satav 1.2 is level? and the sl1 pll is mounted with the zero mark at the seam where the provided hardware is mounted. everything is solid. I haven't checked any other satellites for duplicate entries on both polarities but I have found that if the zero point is off, then I do get those duplicates. since everything seems to be kosher I thought that the k band of satmex 8 was tipped a little... will check more and see if I can find a problem in the hardware. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)