Where are the Pittsburgh, PA Locals?

WGFA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
PA
Can someone Please tell me what happened to my Pittsburgh, PA locals? I see that they changed in the uplink report but I didn't see where they went to. Maybe I missed it. If anyone knows can u please let me know what Sats they are on and what TP's and SB map's area. TIA

Thanks, So do I need to re-aim my dish? Is there a spotbeam map of the so I can see the beam? Im lost.. ugh... Also are they still on 129??? Thanks

They moved to Unknown "TID#1529" on 61.5, which presumably is a spotbeam on E16 and you're out of the spotbeam. :(

Thanks. So is there a map of this E16 Spotbeam? Also sorry but what does "TID#1529" Stand for or mean? Thanks...

Actual data coming down and captured by Digiblur's software has a Transponder ID number. There is not yet a mapping between TID# and spotbeam, though nelson's spotbeam maps are ready to go when there is.

Bet there are going to be a lot more posts like this as people who have "moved" and are no longer in the new spot beam. Have already seen 1 post by a person in Venezuela who can no longer received the Rochester NY locals.

I bet u r correct! That is the only reason I have dish! I hope they stay on 129 for awhile longer. Still shows them there for now anyway.....

I bet u r correct! That is the only reason I have dish! I hope they stay on 129 for awhile longer. Still shows them there for now anyway.....

I don't see them leaving any time soon. My guess is that at least the larger cities will remain on both arcs to help with line of site issues.

You can probably get a signal on a standard size dish out to somewhere between the blue and green lines.

Thanks again! I am in-between the "Yellow&Pink" lines. I have an EA Dish so I guess I got to go back to 129. Ugh.....

I don't see them leaving any time soon. My guess is that at least the larger cities will remain on both arcs to help with line of site issues.
I hope so! I am going to try and ride this horse as long as I can! lol...

I never knew the importance of 77 until the E16 move. Finally some use of it. Hope CONUS Stays there but you never know. I don't care which city I get but something at least or Dish listens and puts LA Locals on 61.5 as there is now a spot on it.

I never knew the importance of 77 until the E16 move. Finally some use of it. Hope CONUS Stays there but you never know. I don't care which city I get but something at least or Dish listens and puts LA Locals on 61.5 as there is now a spot on it.
All of the CONUS locals were on 77 long before the E16 move. Then, about a year before the move, the ones being put on spotbeam on E16 were moved from 77CONUS to 61.5CONUS. But not all of them. There are still some on 77CONUS that appear to be staying there for the foreseeable future. Why couldn't Cincy or Jacksonville have moved over to spotbeam instead of Pittsburgh? :(

There's your history lesson for the day. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts