Where are your receivers really located?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TexasTodd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Lewisville, TX
Got an interesting question. For about the past 5 years, I have had 6 receivers on my account. But not all the receivers are located within my apartment. I have 2 in mine. A buddy of mine who lives about 20 minutes away from me has 1. My brother who lives in WV (I live in TX) has 2 and my father, who lives in the same area as him, has 1. Now granted, they all have their own individual dishes, but all the receivers are on my account which I pay for.

Do any of you have this kind of setup with your receivers?? Receivers in different locations. I ask this, because my father has it in his brain that this illegal somehow. Not sure why, since I am paying for all the receivers.

Got an interesting question. For about the past 5 years, I have had 6 receivers on my account. But not all the receivers are located within my apartment. I have 2 in mine. A buddy of mine who lives about 20 minutes away from me has 1. My brother who lives in WV (I live in TX) has 2 and my father, who lives in the same area as him, has 1. Now granted, they all have their own individual dishes, but all the receivers are on my account which I pay for.

Do any of you have this kind of setup with your receivers?? Receivers in different locations. I ask this, because my father has it in his brain that this illegal somehow.

You should listen to your father. If you think about it, you'll understand. Thats an old trick. Be careful. :no

Not sure why, since I am paying for all the receivers

Yeah sure you're paying the $5/mo. per receiver. But how much programming are your friends getting? Grow up.

Because it states in the contract that you have with D* that all the receivers must be in the same location. To have receivers in that many diff locations requires a seperate account for each box. Alot of people do what you are doing, but if you get caught expect a hefty fine

interesting. guess i'm going to have to reconsider my setup huh?

shmeff...how am i ripping them off?? i'm paying over $150 a month for the premium channels, CFB Game Plan, all receivers, and HD programming. just curious to know what the actual laws are on this.

Do any of you have this kind of setup with your receivers?? Receivers in different locations. I ask this, because my father has it in his brain that this illegal somehow. Not sure why, since I am paying for all the receivers.

I'm tempted to ask - you aren't serious are you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.