Where can I buy a D10-200 receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrudicel

Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
North Vernon, IN
Ok. Heres the scoop. I got Direct TV for the first time about 24 hours ago. They did the install and installed a 3 room system. After they left, I noticed 2 receivers were D10-200's while the one in the living rooom was a D10-100 . The 100 is almost impossible to read on a 27" TV across the room when using the guide.Wifes eyes arent great and they D100 is just very small and dark to read. So I called Direct and asked if they could swap it out to match the others. The 200 seems so much easier to see and read. They said they arent in control of what equipment I get etc etc etc because they sub that work out to a place in KY. I am in Indiana. Basically my problem. They did finally say to go buy a receiver I like myself, and they will credit me 49.00 on my bill. So where can I get a receiver for 49.00 ? Also, what should or can I do with my brand new D10-100 that is 1 day old? Thanks alot!

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

My wife and I just moved out of southern Indiana (Clarksville) back to our home state of Texas.

I would give Robert a call at Value Electronics. He always gives Satelliteguys members good deals on equipment. He's DTV Tivo Dealer on here. Click on the Value Electronics link up at the top of the page.

Anyway, the D10-200 is bound to get a software upgrade one of these days...
And when it happens, all the D10's (ie D10-100, D10-200 and D10-300) will have the same User Interface.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We sell new, factory sealed DIRECTV D10-200's to SatelliteGuys members for $24.99, and free shipping via Fed Ex Home delivery.

-Robert

Thanks everyone for the help. You guys are great! I will call Robert today.

This is ironic because I had gotten two D10-200 units with my installation and have been trying to get DirecTV to replace them with D10-100's. In my case, the Caller ID keeps failing after a few days, and will only start working again when I reset the receiver. From some replies I got in this forum, it appeared that others were having this problem with the 200 but not the 100. Anyway, I keep getting the same story about DirecTV not being able to control what replacement unit I might get. In fact, they finally sent a service contractor out and all he had were old Sony and RCA units. I chose not to take those.

But now maybe I'm glad to have the 200's. I didn't realize that there were menu issues on the 100's.

JimONeill said:
This is ironic because I had gotten two D10-200 units with my installation and have been trying to get DirecTV to replace them with D10-100's. In my case, the Caller ID keeps failing after a few days, and will only start working again when I reset the receiver. From some replies I got in this forum, it appeared that others were having this problem with the 200 but not the 100. Anyway, I keep getting the same story about DirecTV not being able to control what replacement unit I might get. In fact, they finally sent a service contractor out and all he had were old Sony and RCA units. I chose not to take those.

But now maybe I'm glad to have the 200's. I didn't realize that there were menu issues on the 100's.

I also read somewhere about the Caller ID problem on the 200's, but I am not using that feature so I didnt care about that. In my opinion, the 200 guide is much easier to read and see than the 100. I read other complaints online that said the same thing. I am sure the 100 is a great unit, I just became partial to the 200 in the 24 hours I had just got Direct TV. Still new to all of it.
Also, if anyone gets to needing a 100 or a 200 or whatever, I encourage them to call John at Value Electronics. I called him today and got a 200 to replace that 100. Great deal and very friendly to deal with on the phone. He will definately get my business from now on for electronics. Its a shame Direct TV isnt more helpful sometimes, but I think it worked out great in the long run because of the new source for great products and prices. Thanks John!

does anyone know why the companys are not sending the customers 200. When I was working for IP thats all I was installing. now that ip is gone I am installing for dsi and p10 and neither is sending to customers 200. I like them better also they are easier to explain to the user. the 100 has all of the guide bull $hit.

jrudicel said:
I also read somewhere about the Caller ID problem on the 200's, but I am not using that feature so I didnt care about that. In my opinion, the 200 guide is much easier to read and see than the 100. I read other complaints online that said the same thing. I am sure the 100 is a great unit, I just became partial to the 200 in the 24 hours I had just got Direct TV. Still new to all of it.
Also, if anyone gets to needing a 100 or a 200 or whatever, I encourage them to call John at Value Electronics. I called him today and got a 200 to replace that 100. Great deal and very friendly to deal with on the phone. He will definately get my business from now on for electronics. Its a shame Direct TV isnt more helpful sometimes, but I think it worked out great in the long run because of the new source for great products and prices. Thanks John!

You have a 100 for a sale or did you trade it in? Also, I know it doesn't matter to you because you just got directv but did you have to commit to a year of service for buying the 200? I might just buy one myself if the guide is easier to read......

shy007 said:
You have a 100 for a sale or did you trade it in? Also, I know it doesn't matter to you because you just got directv but did you have to commit to a year of service for buying the 200? I might just buy one myself if the guide is easier to read......

I had to commit to 1 year of Total Choice programming to get all my equipment and installation all for free. They gave me one D10-100 and 2 D10-200's. I just bought another D10-200 from Robert at Value Electronics and will hook it up in place of the 100. I didnt have to swap it out with Direct or anything. I figure I will keep it as a spare incase I ever have a receiver go out or if I want to add another TV down the road.

directv will still make you sign a 1 year for the new receiver it does not matter if you bought it outright or not. They always make you sign a 1 year.

Tate Satellites said:
directv will still make you sign a 1 year for the new receiver it does not matter if you bought it outright or not. They always make you sign a 1 year.

Thats good to know. Although, I have only had Direct TV for 2 days now. They are the ones that told me to buy a 200 and call them, they will then turn off the 100 that they gave me and turn on the new 200 in its place. I guess its good its only been 2 days....

bjflynn05 said:
I got an upgrade on my D10-100 for the Active Service this morning and It made all the menus and guide a whole lot easier to read.

How did they upgrade it? Is that something that happens or updates itself automatically? Just curious how that works...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts