Where can I buy an AT-9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I bought one off E-bay for $50. I couldn't believe the size of the box it comes in! Now, I just need the settings for Zip 10989. I hope someone here can help me out. Thanks

I have installed a few of these now, I do get error message on the 99, 103 works fine. I like how some people on forums think they are god's gift to satellites. I simply said to use lags in the stocco , not the tile roof...FFS men, give some people the benefit of the doubt. I know 20 years installing all dishes made means nothing to you ney sayers. Have fun forum guru's.
As for rockaway1836, you will find the correct settings by going thru the setup menu..It will show you the cooridinates for your zip code there. It is a very simple installation. Just make sure mast is completely level.

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
I have installed a few of these now, I do get error message on the 99, 103 works fine. I like how some people on forums think they are god's gift to satellites. I simply said to use lags in the stocco , not the tile roof...FFS men, give some people the benefit of the doubt. I know 20 years installing all dishes made means nothing to you ney sayers. Have fun forum guru's.
As for rockaway1836, you will find the correct settings by going thru the setup menu..It will show you the cooridinates for your zip code there. It is a very simple installation. Just make sure mast is completely level.
Thanks Satman, I know that. But I don't have an H-20 yet. And my H-10 does not have a 5 sat option on the setup menu. I bought the AT-9 to replace a Phase 3 with a bad LNB. I would rather set it to the H-20 settings now rather than have to change it later when I do get an H-20.

Well, I am still waiting to get my dish installed. It seems to me that mounting onto the stucco would be my best option. As long as you get it onto a stud, I would guess it would be fine. I have my 90lb plasma on the wall onto the studs, and that seems okay. Anything else I should be concerned about?

I was able to get mine up and operational. For the most part I used the settings for a Phase 3 dish. The only setting that seemed to be different was the tilt. On the Phase 3 my tilt is 57 on the AT-9 the tilt comes in at 65. I'm getting signals of 83 on the 101, 82 on 119 and 92 on 110. I used an older Hughes HTL-HD as my signal meter. I just listened for the tone changes to peak the signals. Cal, I wouldn't even consider a 5 gal. bucket in your case. But,what I might do is use a large planter. Something that would hold 3 to 4 bags of concrete. I did something like that at my friends vacation home in Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago. I used a large plastic planter (looks like terracotta), 2 bags of concrete, a piece of fence pole, one large paving stone, and a dual LNB dish. Then I went to a decorating store and bought some of those fake vine things. I wrapped that around the pole. Now you can hardly see the thing as you drive by the house.

Last edited:
I kind of dread the whole AT9 thing.

No installer has ever gotten my setup right — no 110 as of now — although as I have great signal on 101, I'm hopeful 99 and 103 will be OK...I'm so-so on 119. I also had good signal from DirectWay (also the service was lousy, the sat service worked well).

Until the the one-wire solution I've seen mentioned is a reality, I'm disinclined to change my set up — which at least gives me network TV, Discovery, and HDNet (which moved back to 119).

Were it up to me, I'd install the whole honking thing on a 1.5 meter dish, just to improve the odds of getting and keeping signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)