Where can I get firmware for Coolsat 5000?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
Well, got my Coolsat 5000 yesterday and have it working tonight. I absolutely love it. As good as I like my Lifetime Classic, I like this better. Just like the menus. The signal meter sorta sucks, but it works. Anyway, it's running version 1.01. Where can I get a firmware update and loader for it? I did a forum search but the post that all the info was on is now gone. Also, does it take a null modem or straight cable? Thanks!

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
I thought you guys here recently were talking about 1.3. Where is that? And, on the website, the update is for a 4000...is that the same thing? My only problem with Coolsat so far is that without the dealer, there's praticaly zero support...or at least on the surface it seams that way.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
1.3 was for the 4000

I think all that did was give the "fine tuning" on a blind scan (on the 5000 you can pick a set of frequencies to scan. The 4000 added that later)

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
Okay, I gotcha. So, I'm assuming that v1.01 is the latest firmware. Anywhere that I can keep checking (besides here)? I thought it might be old since the receiver didn't have SBS6 or AMC2 or IA8 or any of the newer sats in it.

awh

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 13, 2006
dashaund said:
I thought it might be old since the receiver didn't have SBS6 or AMC2 or IA8 or any of the newer sats in it.

I think version 1.01 also adds some games...
1) Tetris
2) Sokoban
3) Snake
4) Ms Pac-Man
5) Frogger
6) Block

Currently I'm working an issue with Closed Caption from the Coolsat, and I'm thinking about going back to V1.00 to give it a try, but I've not found a V1.01 firmware to return to, if I should ever need to.

If you edit the satellite/channel list with the Channel Master software you can only have up to 64 satellites (that's the Coolsats limit, not the softwares). Attached is my channel list. I have all the domestic birds, as well as the Atlantics down to 18 deg. WL (that's as far east as I can see from my location) - I still haven't scanned some of the eastern end (only had the Coolsat for about 3-weeks), but all domestic C & Ku birds are there.

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Attachments

• Coolsat_C&Ku.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 131

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
India
GaryPen said:
FYI - I sent an email to CoolsatUSA (FreeTech) asking them to post 1.01 on their website, since that is the current version loaded at the factory.

I don't know if it'll make a diff. But, it was worth a shot.
I sent them a mail last week and did not get any reply:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts