Where can I get the nut and bolt for this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tradewinds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Central Florida
I need help on where I can get the nut and bolt (probably washers also) for the actuator eye hole? I have never seen any and I just don't want to assume it is something standard that I can big up at the hardware store. Please advise. Thank you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 473
Measure hole on mount and look at the tap that was made for the treads, years ago I think mine was 1/2 standard thread. Get a bolt with the a lot of points (it will be stronger). I put a nut on the bottom of the bolt as a lock nut.

I agree with oldfoggie, I had an old Actuator that I reconditioned and everything was okay but that Bolt was frozen in rust. I carefully knocked it out and replaced with a Bolt from another Actuator that I picked up from a guy that was scrapping his Dish and Actuator, you need to regrease it, - I used white lithium greace.

If it really is 1/2" standard thread - I'd go to an auto supply house and look at automotive quality bolts - maybe muffler clamps. Stronger tempered steel than you would typically find at the hardware store.

I agree with oldfoggie, I had an old Actuator that I reconditioned and everything was okay but that Bolt was frozen in rust. I carefully knocked it out and replaced with a Bolt from another Actuator that I picked up from a guy that was scrapping his Dish and Actuator, you need to regrease it, - I used white lithium greace.

Just to clarify my reply, on my actuator there was a kind of a ball bearing in the neck of that end piece that was frozen in rust. So I replaced it with a good working one from an old actuator. The way this is done is to screw out the old piece (and this can be hard to do) and replace it with a good lubricated unit from another spare actuator.

Why in the world tell the OP he needs a grade 8 bolt? IMO nonsense. Any bolt that will fit will work. If you live where there's salt air of humidity, either use a stainless bolt or put some anti-seize on the threads/shank when you install it. You will destroy the dish and mount before you break a regular mild steel 1/2 inch bolt. :)

Last edited:
Why in the world tell the OP he needs a grade 8 bolt? IMO nonsense. Any bolt that will fit will work. If you live where there's salt air of humidity, either use a stainless bolt or put some anti-seize on the threads/shank when you install it. You will destroy the dish and mount before you break a regular mild steel 1/2 inch bolt. :)
I've had "regular"bolts snap on my 10' fiberglass dish, we get high winds here... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)