Where can I get the nut and bolt for this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tradewinds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Central Florida
I need help on where I can get the nut and bolt (probably washers also) for the actuator eye hole? I have never seen any and I just don't want to assume it is something standard that I can big up at the hardware store. Please advise. Thank you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 478
Measure hole on mount and look at the tap that was made for the treads, years ago I think mine was 1/2 standard thread. Get a bolt with the a lot of points (it will be stronger). I put a nut on the bottom of the bolt as a lock nut.

I agree with oldfoggie, I had an old Actuator that I reconditioned and everything was okay but that Bolt was frozen in rust. I carefully knocked it out and replaced with a Bolt from another Actuator that I picked up from a guy that was scrapping his Dish and Actuator, you need to regrease it, - I used white lithium greace.

If it really is 1/2" standard thread - I'd go to an auto supply house and look at automotive quality bolts - maybe muffler clamps. Stronger tempered steel than you would typically find at the hardware store.

I agree with oldfoggie, I had an old Actuator that I reconditioned and everything was okay but that Bolt was frozen in rust. I carefully knocked it out and replaced with a Bolt from another Actuator that I picked up from a guy that was scrapping his Dish and Actuator, you need to regrease it, - I used white lithium greace.

Just to clarify my reply, on my actuator there was a kind of a ball bearing in the neck of that end piece that was frozen in rust. So I replaced it with a good working one from an old actuator. The way this is done is to screw out the old piece (and this can be hard to do) and replace it with a good lubricated unit from another spare actuator.

Why in the world tell the OP he needs a grade 8 bolt? IMO nonsense. Any bolt that will fit will work. If you live where there's salt air of humidity, either use a stainless bolt or put some anti-seize on the threads/shank when you install it. You will destroy the dish and mount before you break a regular mild steel 1/2 inch bolt. :)

Last edited:
Why in the world tell the OP he needs a grade 8 bolt? IMO nonsense. Any bolt that will fit will work. If you live where there's salt air of humidity, either use a stainless bolt or put some anti-seize on the threads/shank when you install it. You will destroy the dish and mount before you break a regular mild steel 1/2 inch bolt. :)
I've had "regular"bolts snap on my 10' fiberglass dish, we get high winds here... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.