Where did my HBO HD (channel 70) go?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pintnight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
HBO HD (channel 70) is no longer there! I get Discovery HD. How do I get it back?

I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth.
I have the Sony HD-300.

That what I did do when I reconfigured my TiVo to use the serial data to change channels (TiVo removed the serial changing channel in version 7.2.0 and put it back in for 7.2.1).

I'll unplug it again and see what happens.

I just unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in (waited at least 15 seconds). The receiver showed the "Please wait while creating channel listing, this may take several minutes." (something to that effect).

Still no HBO HD. :mad:

Sounds like maybe a dish or multi-switch problem.

HBO-HD, Showtime-HD, ESPN-HD, & UHD and the HDnets are on the 110 sat.

Discovery-HD & ESPN2-HD are on the 119 sat.

Check your signal strength on the 110 sat. I assume you have the HD package, are you getting the ESPN, Universal, HDnets HD feeds?

This happened to me a while back, my multi-switch went out and all my receiver picked up was 2 sats instead of 3. A new multi-switch fixed the problem.

Of course you could also have a bad LNB, does your dish have the built-in multi-switch on the dish?

PMKS said:
Sounds like maybe a dish or multi-switch problem.

HBO-HD, Showtime-HD, ESPN-HD, & UHD and the HDnets are on the 110 sat.

Discovery-HD & ESPN2-HD are on the 119 sat.

Check your signal strength on the 110 sat. I assume you have the HD package, are you getting the ESPN, Universal, HDnets HD feeds?

This happened to me a while back, my multi-switch went out and all my receiver picked up was 2 sats instead of 3. A new multi-switch fixed the problem.

Of course you could also have a bad LNB, does your dish have the built-in multi-switch on the dish?
I just went to check again and my HBO-HD is back. I could get ESPN-HD and UHD, just not HBO-HD (I don't get showtime).

Not sure what happened. But, the signal is a tad bit below "Normal". At one point was going down toward "Bad" (in between bad and normal) and back to "Normal". The pictures is coming is very clear though.

My dish has the built in multi-switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.