Where did technical discussions go?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Disappeared here, maybe it's just on iPhone.

PS Happy Halloween!

EDIT: Looked at the full site. It's not just the iPhone app.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Interesting... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

The changes were announced 3 weeks ago and no one objected to them.

I feel this move will help people better find the answers to their questions, and also eliminate the duplicate posts and "where did my post go" support questions we have been getting when someone posted it in one of the sub forums yet could not find it later.

Due to a request from a number of people we have kept the Now Playing Movies Forum. :)

I don't see the issue.... Who defines what is a "technical" issue, in the Dish forums, for instance ? Or what likely occurred more was people starting threads that were without question technical in nature, but they were in the main Dish forum.

Not that it really matters, but if this sub-forum was the only place it was mentioned, well, not a lot of people frequent it and certainly could have missed it. Again, not that it really matters -- no matter what changes occur at any website, some will like it, some won't. Life goes on though !

I don't remember seeing the question asked if the tech forums should be combined w/ the general forums. I guess I missed that. I can see why but not sure I really care for it.

I feel this move will help people better find the answers to their questions, and also eliminate the duplicate posts and "where did my post go" support questions we have been getting when someone posted it in one of the sub forums yet could not find it later.

Due to a request from a number of people we have kept the Now Playing Movies Forum. :)
If you can not get anywhere on the forum with out bookmarking the forum... Like at my place from 1400 to 0900 PT daily... You do not go to all the forums.... When I went to the Ham Radio mixed up forum yesterday, I think I found the threads, but when internet went down, I quit trying. My internet is just fast enough to keep the VOIP going - if I stay off the internet. When the phone rings, I have to kill the computer connection to answer the phone as it is. NADA.

I don't remember seeing the question asked if the tech forums should be combined w/ the general forums. I guess I missed that. I can see why but not sure I really care for it.

This website is not a Democracy. No one needs to be asked if the website owner and the powers that be can make changes. Things are done to make things easier to use at the best bang for the buck! ;)

This website is not a Democracy. No one needs to be asked if the website owner and the powers that be can make changes. Things are done to make things easier to use at the best bang for the buck! ;)

Well, you're right, it is not a democracy, but it is much farther from a dictatorship. I think it is fair to say Scott listens to member and staff feedback before making any decisions, and has over the years shown he makes nearly every decision with members best interest in mind.

As for the 'bang for the buck', there is no money involved in having a tech forum or not, it is simply the idea of making it easier and simpler for members, as you mentioned.

Personally I prefer having it all in one forum, I often forgot to visit the tech forum and there are alot of threads in there that I could have helped with.

Well, you're right, it is not a democracy, but it is much farther from a dictatorship. I think it is fair to say Scott listens to member and staff feedback before making any decisions, and has over the years shown he makes nearly every decision with members best interest in mind.

As for the 'bang for the buck', there is no money involved in having a tech forum or not, it is simply the idea of making it easier and simpler for members, as you mentioned.

Personally I prefer having it all in one forum, I often forgot to visit the tech forum and there are alot of threads in there that I could have helped with.

Are you shooting the messenger who agrees with you... :)

Are you shooting the messenger who agrees with you... :)

Not at all, not directed at you by any means, just adding my feedback, thus starting with "well, you're right...".

I agree with you that it is easier and simpler, "as you mentioned".
I did want to clarify off your post that there is no cost difference so to speak.

Ah how those internet posts are so hard to convey tone...

maybe the "bang for the buck" comment was just an expression :D

That is one of the things that make this forum the best. Scott, asks our opinion. Most forums are run like a dictatorships that they are. I do not frequent those forums.

That is one of the things that make this forum the best. Scott, asks our opinion.
Well, technically he didn't ask. :eek: He announced that it was going to be done. If enough people objected, no doubt he'd give it a 2nd look, yes.

Well, technically he didn't ask. :eek: He announced that it was going to be done. If enough people objected, no doubt he'd give it a 2nd look, yes.
As you pointed out before, most members of this site do not visit this sub-sub forum. I would have announced on a wider scale...Dish Forum, Direct Forum.

My honest opinion, I liked it much better with a separate section for discussions\problems for receivers and technical issues. If I have a specific issue it was easy to go to that section and see if the problem has been discussed. Now I have go through all the headings. A search only works sometimes to find what you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts