Google Maps

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
DK if you're aware of this. Under Account Details (under clicking our "name" at the top) I see this. NBD, but did not know if you were aware.

Opera Snapshot_2024-04-09_171017_www.satelliteguys.us.png

Okay,I just tried something.
Hover on your avatar,when the info appears,click on your location and google maps appears.

Works on my PC.
Just to ad,it thinks I'm in New Jersey,not.

OK, just tried that and I'm seeing it too. Like, waylew, the information is incorrect. It puts me in Jamison City, PA. Heck, I had to look that up as I had never heard of it but at least it did put me in Pennsylvania! :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
It puts me in Jamison City, PA.
Since your profile location is "Central Pennsylvania" and not something more specific, that's probably the best you can hope for.

What you see is what you get when entering "Central Pennsylvania" as the location on Google Maps. The fact that it isn't near the centroid of the state is a bit baffling.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think it pulls the location data from your IP address, which as we all know is not that accurate. :)

I did chat with the author of the Member Maps program this morning, and he tells me he's working on a major overhaul of the program. :)

Click on the link outlined in red.
View attachment 170383
Oh. Didn't think that was a link. It shows me Fairfax (City), VA rather than my actual location. At least it's close.
It pulls the location from one's user profile and uses that as a search term in Google Maps.
Seems so. The obvious solution is for navy to put in Fairfax, VA too, and then he too can enjoy the appearance of living in Fairfax City. ;)

Last edited: