Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You know I have been highly unhappy with Tapatalk. I have threatened to remove it a few times. But we have some users who still use it and prefer it even though some features don’t work and it throws errors when doing some things.

Many other site this week announced they are dropping Tapatalk because Tapatalk is changing ownership.

For some reason I didn’t get the memo about the ownership change so I went over to Tapatalks site and found out the original owner has purchased it back and wants to bring it back to its glory.

I have decided to keep Tapatalk and give Winter (the owner) a chance. I am really hoping he offers custom stand alone versions again like he did in the past so we can have our SatelliteGuys app back again.

Here is his announcement. Let me know your thoughts. :).

A New Chapter for Tapatalk: Returning to Our Roots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never got to the full post via the link.

You are too kind. I can’t see him making improvements without a major investment. Buying it back may well be the worst decision of his life, based on emotions, not dollars and cents.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not sure how it interferes with the site. The only issues I remember is when it was an issue with itself by not working correctly.

About the only thing that it does to the regular site that I don't like is when you view via a mobile browser it puts a tapatalk ad at the top. I use to pay something like $25 a month to get rid of that... but it wasn't worth paying for it anymore.

I really am hoping the original author brings it back to what it was before, as it was a great program when he owned it and maintained it.

If he can't then it goes, but I am willing to give him a shot. :)

Wow I came here just to see what was going on with Tapatalk. I think I had 6 different emails from various forums regarding cutting Tapatalk access September 21st. What’s strange is they are all worded identically. Doesn’t matter if it’s a car forum, a technology forum, fishing forum, etc….

I then googled what’s going on with Tapatalk? I found other forums that I’ve never interacted with along with their members questioning this email. The site admins seem to just regurgitate the same cut and paste email.

To me from my emails and google searches, Tapatalk is about to be dropped by A LOT of forums on 9/21. Curious to see how this works out. Is usually use that app but I’m in mobile safari right now typing this.

Wow I came here just to see what was going on with Tapatalk. I think I had 6 different emails from various forums regarding cutting Tapatalk access September 21st. What’s strange is they are all worded identically. Doesn’t matter if it’s a car forum, a technology forum, fishing forum, etc….
Those sites are all owned by the same company in Canada, VerticalScope.

They have been trying to push people to their own "Fora" app, which to me is a lot worse than the Tapatalk app is even with all its flaws.

But their emails from them is how I learned that Tapatalk was sold, which concerned me. But knowing Winter is back at helm and how good it was under his control at least has me giving him a chance. :)