Where do i find CBS?..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I have found ABC.. FOX.. NBC.. but CBS is nowhere to be found.. so where are you guys watching CBS on the big dish?.. I'v scanned the Cband and Ku Satellites.

CBS is the one you can't really get without an 4:22 decoding. You can get some of the CBS shows off of CTV channels they have those shows over there.

Ah yes CBS. This has been a point of frustration for me. I gave up on CBS. I bought an AZbox once, that was a nightmare. That is the only STB that supported some forms of 4:2:2. No recent STB's support 4:2:2 . I can watch them with my PC/Satellite setup, but that is not fluidic, and hence just not worth the trouble most of the time.

The ironic part of the whole thing, i get ABC/NBC/FOX/CW via OTA. But not CBS! So, that just adds insult to injury.

The problem lies in the fact that the STBs only support what is directly supported on the Chipsets. All the STB's out there all use the same small funnel point of Chipsets. (none of which support 4:2:2) STB makers seem to like to dangle that their stb will support it, but never deliver. Oh well....

But, to answer your question, CBS is found on 89w and 97w (Cband) They are Feed channels, and usually come to life in the evenings. You should be able to scan them in and listen to the audio.

Ah yes CBS. This has been a point of frustration for me. I gave up on CBS. I bought an AZbox once, that was a nightmare.

I was thinking about getting a minime for a spare in case the AZ-Me died. I probably would have if the seller had answered my e-mail. As it turned out later that summer I found two new in the box Me's for sale. I ended up paying less for them than I would have for one Mini-Me. I don't know about the other model Az's but I love using the Me. They're not too bad once you get used to them. Actually it is my favorite receiver and I love using it

Have two Ultras, work great. CBS OTA signal here is not stable and often breaks up badly, and they recently switched to a sub-channel and video quality dropped considerably too. Nice to have FTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)