Where do those "new" eBay receivers come from?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just looked and most of the prices are BELOW dealer cost.

Are they hot? This I don't know, but I find it strange that someone can sell new units for less then what dealers pay for them.

I got burned on a 322 off of ebay. The guy called and said he found out that after he bought them off of craigslist that they were hot and I needed to ship it back. He said I would get paid back......

Paypal wouldn't do jack about it. Thank goodness I paid with Visa. Visa refunded me and I have no idea what Paypal did to him. Once in a while you gotta love the terms on your visa card.

800 333 3474 all reps can HOPEFULLY confirm the roo number is OK.

not necessarily

I got a 311 and the CSR's said the card was clean. In fact the box had never been activated (they told me this twice)

Called to activate it...oh no sir, that is part of a pre-paid system and that cannot be activated through a regular account

Paypal's buyer protection is a joke.

No kidding. They also told me that you can not dispute things with Visa/MC or they may cancel your account.

I finally after getting screwed by them once decided to just forget them and disputed it. After some thought I figured who are they that they can over ride the rules of accepting Visa as payment. They CAN'T!

My paypal account is still live and active.

That's what I've done in the past when I've looked for receivers on Ebay. I drop the seller a letter and ask for the R00 and S00 numbers for the receiver and explicitly state that it's so I can verify the receiver balance with Dish Network.

what are these "R00" and Soo" numbers you refer to.
thanks

They're on your system screen. It IDs the box. If you get a box with a balance due, they won't activate it until the balance is paid. Sometimes sellers on eBay sell you a box that was leased, not owned, and you're out of luck.

What if you use a PayPal credit card with the Visa logo? Is PayPal going to interfere with that? They give extended credit to those that use that credit card according to their buyer protection.

If a seller on ebay sells you a receiver that was leased then can they get into trouble for selling you something that does not belong to them? Would that then be considered stolen property?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)