Where hire satallite remover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oshunj

Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
Dallas Texas
I am going from directtv to uverse. Where can I hire someone to remove the dish and tripod? Any ideas? I would like to sell it as well. Its on my roof and is DIRECTV Slimline Dish. Any help appreciated. Pdf is picture of satellite on my roof.
View attachment satelite.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 166
Craigslist maybe?
The dish won't be worth much as I can see that not only is it not SWM, it is at least a couple years old.
Also, keep in mind that the mast and arms will be missing the foot plates as they should be left where they are because they are keeping your roof sealed.
Not that it can't be resealed but if the installer used bishop tape like he should have, it will rip the shingle up with it if you attempt to remove them.

Considering that I can buy a complete set up brand new off ebay for $75 or get a free one by dumpster diving at my local Mastec office, used ones or really worthless.
But, you could try selling it on ebay, it might be worth a few bucks to somebody.

However, instead of worrying about selling it, how about just climb a ladder with a 1/2" wrench remove it yourself.
You won't even have to leave the ladder and you will save more money then you will ever make off the dish.

Problem is I'm a lady! And not that I don't think ladies can do it....it's just I'm not one for climbing up my step ladder to change the air conditioning filter :-O
And I feel uncomfortable asking guys to climb up there with all the deaths by falling while attempting to attach christmas lights. I guess I'll just keep it attached. I don't see how Directtv can justify not removing all these satallites. It would seem it's bad for the environment (maybe california has already put something on the books). Or just plain irresponsible. So in 30 years if no one removes it, it will just stay up there and rot? And if I need to upgrade the roof, will the roof installers remove it? Do they know how? Is anyone responsible for this piece of metal (that cannot be legally thrown in the trash)? I'm so confused!

Try this: Find Local Satellite Installers.

or there may be some installers on the installation site....Directv Installation Support.

Suggest you leave the mast & pole bases attached to the roof to avoid leaks. Remove them when the roof is replaced. The other way to patch is to have a piece of shingle to slide under the holes made by the lag bolts.

+ as mentioned...these things don't have much street value.

Joe

It would seem it's bad for the environment (maybe california has already put something on the books). Or just plain irresponsible. So in 30 years if no one removes it, it will just stay up there and rot? And if I need to upgrade the roof, will the roof installers remove it? Do they know how? Is anyone responsible for this piece of metal (that cannot be legally thrown in the trash)? I'm so confused!

LOL, bad for the environment?

How is it bad for the environment by sitting on your roof waiting for you to come back to Direct TV or the next home owner to sign up vs sitting in a land fill only to never biodegrade?
I think leaving it exactly where it is would be the best thing for the environment.

Regardless, if you have environmental concerns but want it removed then take it to a recycling center when it is removed.

If you get the roof redone the roof guys will take it down. Just tell them not to put it back up

Problem is I'm a lady! And not that I don't think ladies can do it....it's just I'm not one for climbing up my step ladder to change the air conditioning filter :-O
And I feel uncomfortable asking guys to climb up there with all the deaths by falling while attempting to attach christmas lights. I guess I'll just keep it attached. I don't see how Directtv can justify not removing all these satallites. It would seem it's bad for the environment (maybe california has already put something on the books). Or just plain irresponsible. So in 30 years if no one removes it, it will just stay up there and rot? And if I need to upgrade the roof, will the roof installers remove it? Do they know how? Is anyone responsible for this piece of metal (that cannot be legally thrown in the trash)? I'm so confused!

Actually, you OWN it and can do whatever you want with it, including put it out for the trash, someone will probably come by and get it before then anyhow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts