NO SYNC SIGNAL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
I replaced the lamp in my Hitachi 50v720 50inch rear projection TV and now I get the message on the screen "NO SYNC SIGNAL" . I tried rebooting and resetting the directv hd dvr H20 but nothing changed. Any ideas?

This may be an issue with the TV. Have you un-seated and re-seated the cable? Have you tried different connection methods? Have you tested another device with the TV?

Verify if it's the TV or the D* box as Charper mentioned.
IF it's the TV that is giving the message, carefully remove the bulb case.
There are contacts and electronic switched that need to make correct contact.

I have heard many people replacing bulbs and getting an error code on the TV.
Usually it's a contact not making proper contact.

I just tested my blu ray and it works--I can see the picture. When I switch off to the directv receiver I get the message again. I have seen the NO SYNC SIGNAL message occasionally when the satellite picture lost signal and then reset.

I just tested my blu ray and it works--I can see the picture. When I switch off to the directv receiver I get the message again. I have seen the NO SYNC SIGNAL message occasionally when the satellite picture lost signal and then reset.

What type of connection are you using from the D* recvr to the TV.
Sounds like it could be a loose connection. also might want to try and swap inputs, just to check.

Is this something that you can duplicate ?

I have and HDMI from the D* to the TV. connection seems tight. I could try component I guess, is that what you mean?

Try the component. HDMI sometimes has issues with certain televisions.

I'll have to dig out some components-- will try it tomorrow. Although the HDMI was working fine until I installed the new lamp. Also installed the blu ray at the same time, so I disconnected it to see if that caused the problem with D* but D* still didn't work.

I tried the component and it works so I guess something is wrong with the HDMI hook up. I remember now that both the hdmi and component was hooked up by the installer, not feeling I needed both I used the component on my new blu ray. There isn't some internal setting I have to do to make the d* receiver use the HDMI is there? Is the receiver defective?

I tried the component and it works so I guess something is wrong with the HDMI hook up. I remember now that both the hdmi and component was hooked up by the installer, not feeling I needed both I used the component on my new blu ray. There isn't some internal setting I have to do to make the d* receiver use the HDMI is there? Is the receiver defective?

No setting, the D* recvr HDMI port possibly has gone bad.
You can still use it with the Component connections, if you want to call and get it replaced, they may or may not agree that it is defective seeing there are other options, both of which allow you to have access to HD.

Exactly Jimbo. Directv will likely not replace it as defective just because the hdmi isn't working. You may have to exaggerate as to the condition of the unit to get them to say it's defective. If they do, make sure you don't get your commitment changed if you have one. Replacing defective leased equipment doesn't extend your commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts