Where is DishNetwork's 129?

Richard63

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
I have a DishNetwork 1000.2 dish I'm installing. I raised the elevation 1º to improve the strength of the signal on my meter. I peaked it out as carefully as I could. The numbers were not spectacular on 110 and 119, but the picture is great. The problem is I have no idea where 129 is. I need guidance. I fear moving anything at this point because I am getting most of my programming . . but I miss the VOOM HD stuff.

So . . can someone tell me which direction I might nudge my dish to capture 129 if I am locked on 110 and 119 as it is?

Richard

:welcome

Sounds like you have the angle and elevation right, but you need to adjust the skew, so that the 129 signal bounces into the LNB.

Or, maybe the 129 coax isn't connected to the DPP Twin input.

Another question: are you using an external switch, like a DPP44? If so, all the coax leads from the LNBs need to go directly to the switch. The 129 coax can't go into the DPP Twin input when you use an external switch.

or you could be picking up the 110 and 119 on the wrong lnbs.
Go into the Check Switch and post up here what you are getting... and we should be able to tell you where you are at.

Please give us more info. What receiver are you using? What are the signal strenghts of 119 & 110 on transponder 11? What does your switch matrix tell you? To get the switch matrix info goto menu 6-1-1 then check switch.

You could have a tree or other obstruction blocking 129?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)