Where is G25?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spacebug42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Woodland, CA
I had tried a number of times to blindscan G25 with no success. Is it just me or is G25 shut down? From looking at Lyngsat's info on G25, there are a few new channels added since I got my FTA system - meaning that G25 is still alive. I think it might be me because most of the satellites show up on their assigned positions, but RTN is showing up in the position where N* 4 is supposed to be. I think I need to tweek the dish again. I am thinking I would first lock in on D*121, turn the dish to AMC9, tweek the dish elevation to get better quality from RTN, and then try blindscanning again.

Are you using USALS or Diseqc 1.2? What receiver/motor? USALS will put you on the right place, its very accurate. I think you need to work on aiming some more, if you're getting video you're very close. Not sure about G25-didn't they move it over to 93W? I'll try scanning it just to see what I get, I never watch it.

G25 moved to 93W where G26/IA6/T6 was....G26 pretty much died

G19 is at 97W where G25/IA5/T5 use ot be.

its crazy......and confusing ;)

The "name game" has gotten really complicated as of late. A couple of months ago, I spent some time building a totally new, blank-slate channel list for my Visionsats. It is now completely up-to-date with regards to satellite names and positions, and I have a copy saved with no channels and one transponder (dummy) per satellite for start-overs. The best way to refer to satellites, IMO, is still by orbital slot longitude.

I have a Fortec Star Dynamic receiver and a DG280 motor. I am using USALS for all of the satellites. When I did the scan on G25 (93W), I did not see any channels detected and the signal meter remained at 40% - meaning that I must be off a little. How can this be if I'm picking up all the other satellites with good strength and quality?

Where is Galaxy 25?

I got the biggest laugh when I saw the title of this posting. It seems we spend hours and hours trying to scan the sky and bring in more programming.
And I realize this title is only funny to true fta'ers. I know my neighbors must laugh and laugh at me outside pointing satellite dishes late at night.

One night I had a tent set up under my big ten footer. I was watching spanish tv dubbed in chinese. A couple of brothers were snickering as they passed my house. They looked as though they were headed to the club.

Hey, man. Galaxy 25 is somewhere up there in the sky!!! I'm still hoping my hobby keeps me out of trouble at night. At least I'm at home in my own backyard.:up:up:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)