satellite dish not tight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
I have a problem I was trying to move the dish to hook up the motor but I couldn't. So when I rehooked up the dish I tighten all the bolts but now its not tight and the dish moved up down left and right. So I have no quality what did I do wrong?

I tighten all the bolts but now its not tight and the dish moved up down left and right.

Moved or moves?

If I may substitute moves, then one possible answer is you stripped the threads on the mounting hardware. Remove the nuts and inspect the bolts.

Mind the brackets; on too many dishes they are aluminum or low quality pot metal and easily deformed. A similar warning applies to the nuts and bolts typically supplied as dish mounting hardware. It's fairly typical to find low quality and low strength hardware supplied with even the best (expensive?) motors/dishes.

Moved or moves?

If I may substitute moves, then one possible answer is you stripped the threads on the mounting hardware. Remove the nuts and inspect the bolts.

Mind the brackets; on too many dishes they are aluminum or low quality pot metal and easily deformed. A similar warning applies to the nuts and bolts typically supplied as dish mounting hardware. It's fairly typical to find low quality and low strength hardware supplied with even the best (expensive?) motors/dishes.

I don't think I stripped the bolts because they have only been on less than 1 week. And yes the dish can move in all directions. I even tightened the bolts on the mast as well.

I don't think I stripped the bolts because they have only been on less than 1 week.

The bolts can be stripped the first time they are tightened.

It may be possible that the bracket wasn't seated well when the bolts were tightened and the whole thing shifted. I ran into this with the 1.2 meter dish I'm installing, but found mine while working on it (lucky, I guess).

See I wouldn't know I didn't install the dish. The installer had it up only thing he did that I didn't like the bolts on the back of the dish were a little loose so the next day I retightened them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts