WHere is SPEED HD IT IS THURSDAY 2-14-08???

I am kinda ticked they don't have it, now I know why the SCI-FI and USA people are bitching.

Why can't we start sending messages to the ceo@echostar.com address ? Maybe they would at least take notice !

With D* stomping a mud hole in E* with regards to HD content right now, I forgive E* for not rushing to broadcast "Speed Weeks presented by DirecTV" in HD. The most recent info I can find out there is that Fox is "in negotiations" with E* for Speed HD. Probably will have to carry the other Fox HD broadcasts, such as FX HD and Fox Business HD, as part of the deal and nothing has shown up on the uplink reports for Speed let alone any other Fox networks.

I am kinda ticked they don't have it, now I know why the SCI-FI and USA people are bitching.

Why can't we start sending messages to the ceo@echostar.com address ? Maybe they would at least take notice !

Whatever channel it is that you want I suggest we do just that until they at least give us a timetable for adding new channels. Right now they have us all speculating as far as what they will do and sitting on the edge of our couches every Wednesday to see if we will get any new channels. I posted in another thread the reply I received from Dish concerning the "Speed" channel and yesterday I replied to them how dissappointed I was in their response as I was watching the "Duels" in SD. No matter what channel it is that you are looking forward to it would be nice to have a timetable for that channel. Dish has a lot of things going for them as far as equipment goes but communication and customer service is where they are lacking. At this time I am looking at getting "Direct" unless I receive better information concerning the channels that I am interested in. I have a lot invested in "Dish" and am willing to wait but need some type of timetable from them, or at least an acknowledgement that they are working on getting these channels for us. Not statements like these
Thank you for your email. Specific information regarding your request for Speed and other channels being available in HD is not currently available. We would like to add HD option for other channels, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen.
and
No one currently has more national HD channels than DISH Network, and we're committed to maintaining that edge by enhancing Dish HD with channels that exemplify the top-quality programming our customers enjoy. When it comes to high definition, DISH Network offers not only the best programming, but the best technology and value as well.

So take a few minutes and send an email to ceo@echostar.com let them know how disappointed you are that you are not receiving the programming that is important to "you".

So take a few minutes and send an email to ceo@echostar.com let them know how disappointed you are that you are not receiving the programming that is important to "you".

I could be mistaken and if I am then I accept the flames, but I do NOT believe this is the purpose of that ceo email address. If you (a "collective" you) keep flooding them with this crap about , "when am I going to get my channel?" and they will be a LOT slower to respond to equipment and billing issues.

Again... this is just my opinion and my understanding. Not intended to offend anyone.

I could be mistaken and if I am then I accept the flames, but I do NOT believe this is the purpose of that ceo email address. If you (a "collective" you) keep flooding them with this crap about , "when am I going to get my channel?" and they will be a LOT slower to respond to equipment and billing issues.

Again... this is just my opinion and my understanding. Not intended to offend anyone.

Right, this kind of feedback should be sent to the programing dept. Anyone have that e-mail?

As a paying customer anyone that is a paying customer has the right to complain about anything that they want too. Thats just my opinion.

I am not a dish insider, but here is what I have heard from an industry source who has been right on other things, although he was wrong on Speed HD on Dish:

1) From what I hear, there is no contractual issue. E* can pick up Speed HD any time they want to.

2) It would not have to be uplinked first. Plenty of other HD has been lit up without uplinking first. Including Big Ten Network, which is distributed by the same entity as Speed. I believe there have been other things as well.

I have three hypotheses as to what my happen with Speed HD.

1) They may indeed be waiting in order to avoid "Speedweeks presented by Directv" IF that is the case then we should See it next week.

2) Big Ten basketball season is over at the end of the month. At that point, they would not need any of the overflow channels for BTN HD. If this is the case, we might see Speed HD in March.

3) There really is no room at the inn for more National HD. As I have indicated before in other places, Dish is capacity constrained until AMC 14 launches. IN which case you won't see anything of substance added (Speed HD included) until May or June.

With D* stomping a mud hole in E* with regards to HD content right now, I forgive E* for not rushing to broadcast "Speed Weeks presented by DirecTV" in HD.
But doesn't E* carry "SpeedWeeks presented by Directv" in SD? It's not like the HD version has different sponsorship than the SD version. Or different on screen graphics. Or different signage around the track. Or a different blimp circling overhead.

By not showing the coverage in HD, they're not hiding all the D* sponsorship from the E* viewers. Doesn't make much sense to me that that's the reason E* would wait to add Speed HD.

1) They may indeed be waiting in order to avoid "Speedweeks presented by Directv" IF that is the case then we should See it next week.

I hope they're not that stupid to believe that, because every time I heard "our HD broadcast" by the announcers and/or a mention of D*, I wanted to pick up the phone and have a D* installer over ASAP to take down the E* and install equipment that can receive the SPEED HD channel.

NASCAR is one of the largest sports in the US, so to say that only be a minority of the population desires this channel is incorrect.

Here's a link to the Speed site that says what systems have the HD channel, ARTICLE - Get SPEED in HD Today - SPEEDtv.com

SPEED HD is currently available through the following video service providers:
• DirecTV
• Cablevision of Marion County
• Chesnee Communications, Inc.
• Foothills RTC
• Openband Multimedia, LLC
• Sjoberg’s Cable TV, Inc.
• Standard Tobacco dba Bracken Cablevision

Here's a link to the Speed site that says what systems have the HD channel, ARTICLE - Get SPEED in HD Today - SPEEDtv.com

SPEED HD is currently available through the following video service providers:
• DirecTV
• Cablevision of Marion County
• Chesnee Communications, Inc.
• Foothills RTC
• Openband Multimedia, LLC
• Sjoberg’s Cable TV, Inc.
• Standard Tobacco dba Bracken Cablevision

Standard Tobacco???. Reminds me of the days wifey and I honeymooned in Pinehurst, NC (about 20 or so years ago) and we asked for the "non-smoking" section in the dining room. Boy, did we get dirty looks. :)

And, BTW, if you could somehow tell Charlie face to face that you've been waiting on pins and needles for Speed HD and other national HD, I bet he'd tell you something like: "why? We never told you we were going to add new national HD any time soon. If you have to have those channels now just go to D*".

And, BTW, if you could somehow tell Charlie face to face that you've been waiting on pins and needles for Speed HD and other national HD, I bet he'd tell you something like: "why? We never told you we were going to add new national HD any time soon. If you have to have those channels now just go to D*".

But he did say that E* would continue to be the HD leader didn't he? Heck, their web site still says "Industry Leader in HD"

But doesn't E* carry "SpeedWeeks presented by Directv" in SD? It's not like the HD version has different sponsorship than the SD version. Or different on screen graphics. Or different signage around the track. Or a different blimp circling overhead.

By not showing the coverage in HD, they're not hiding all the D* sponsorship from the E* viewers. Doesn't make much sense to me that that's the reason E* would wait to add Speed HD.

That was supposed to be comical, but you are right, it makes no sense. Again, I think it's an issue where Fox wants to lump together their HD networks into one contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts