Where is the HD I subscribed to?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
and i am very shocked that TBS would pillow

No, they didn't "pillow" box, they just stretched out SD pan and scan versions of theatrical releases such as "National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation." TBS HD has left a horrible taste in my mouth since both my cable provider and Dish (I had them at the time) added the channel for baseball playoffs, with no advance notice. I couldn't believe how bad the movie was presented on what they were calling an HD channel.

TBS HD still sucks, from what I have seen of it. Other channels, such as MGM HD have a classier presentation. Many other channels look better than TBS HD. I have to say they are one of the worst HD channels we have, and what a shame, considering most providers only have so much bandwidth for HD channels.

Who gives a crap? Are you going to start going after Scott and Bob's mis-spellings in their threads?
You are not even a Dish Network subscriber, why don't you crawl back to your DirecTv forum hole, skank?
Can't you tell it was a joke?

Who gives a crap? Are you going to start going after Scott and Bob's mis-spellings in their threads?
You are not even a Dish Network subscriber, why don't you crawl back to your DirecTv forum hole, skank?

In and Out your ass. This thread is not limited to Dish subscribers. You are still pissed off about your loss of Voom loss of Voom loss of Voom loss of Voom... oh wait, I am repeating myself, kind of like Voom like Voom.

Voom is dead. Dish sucks.

Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax, Cinemax,

I guess charlie was right when people were complaining that HD channels weren't being added when he said he was waiting for the channels to actually have HD content. DISH started adding the channels anyway and now everybody complains that there is no HD on the channels. Guess you really can't please anybody.

That's not everybody's complaint. I waited until they added the HD only package and it had the stations I wanted. I had not subscribed until they had what I wanted. So I signed up only to find out a lot of the HD wasn't really and 3 days later they dumped Voom which I specifically asked them about. That's why I'm aggravated. I did not get whet they advertised but I did get the 2 year bill. By the time I figured out what was going on it was too late. I have been had.

There are thousands of people upset about Voom HD being removed! I think dish is a rip off! I now scroll through the list of up converted crap and find nothing to watch! dish is not the leader in HD they used to be with VOOM HD but now Directv is a better choice. Without anyone picking up VOOM HD there really is no great TV options to me. Everything is up converted crap with real programming winners like cartoons and the weather channel, NOT! oh I forgot to mention the Word fishing network filmed with a handycam which does not look as good as standard outdoor channel's SD signal.

Cinemax? to me for the cost you might as well buy your own blu ray disc's and not pay extra for new releases on HD. I will save over $600 the first year and there after have enough savings to buy 2-3 blu ray discs a month versus dish's complete HD package. With dish being such a rip off I'm thinking even new technology like the Voo Doo service where you can download HD and other movies cheap but you need to buy their $300 player?

Cinemax? to me for the cost you might as well buy your own blu ray disc's and not pay extra for new releases on HD. I will save over $600 the first year and there after have enough savings to buy 2-3 blu ray discs a month versus dish's complete HD package

2-3 movies a month, that sounds about the rate of the Voom repeats :p

Do you ever post anything constructive ? Or do you just like calling people names with your constant personal attacks?

I do post constructive things. But when it comes to your (and others) continuous negative diatribe and tripe, I draw the line. Not sorry if I offended you, because you don't seem to care that your posts offend me.

Do you, or Skottey, or Ramen, or Rey, or ehren, or the many other people on this board that continually butt into threads and bash VOOM post anything constructive? It seems you spend your time looking for a mention of Voom or decent HD channels and just have to post once again your negative opinion. We get it. You hate it, it sucks.
Now go away.
If VOOM is such a dead horse, why do you guys continue to beat the other people in these forums that post positive things about it, and actually liked it, and miss it?

Voom still sucks. And it shows. They should just file for chapter 11 already
blah blah blah....
Voom is dead. Dish sucks.

It's posts like these that caused me to send you a Personal Message. In that message, I did not curse you, I said you were an a$$h@!e, which you (and others) only prove to be, over and over again...........kinda like the late, lamented, Voom programming you hate so much.

(wow, I just realized, you guys are just like VOOM! just like you describe it.........)

Last edited:
Back to the OP...

... You can't scroll through the channels once and decide based on that.

For example, you list:

214 = TWC = Weather Center = Bars on side

and yet they have 9 hours of Full HD programming per day, and tomorrow they are expanding to 11 hours per day.

FoodTV sometimes has Full HD and sometimes stretchoviision.

TBS sometimes has Full HD (they recently showed Titanic in OAR and Full HD).

I guess charlie was right when people were complaining that HD channels weren't being added when he said he was waiting for the channels to actually have HD content. DISH started adding the channels anyway and now everybody complains that there is no HD on the channels. Guess you really can't please anybody.
That was Charlie's stance for a long time... He kept talking about "content" on these so-called HD channels and why they weren't worth adding. Nonetheless, it didn't stop people from complaining and Dish could no longer use that argument at the rate DirecTV was adding so-called HD channels and the advertising blitz they started. Dish simply had to give in for a few different reasons... To those complaining about the lack of HD programming, please post here, Satellite and Cable TV network programming and here, Network HD programming. This is NOT Dish's (or DirecTV's or Time Warner's or Comcast's and so on) problem.

It's posts like these that caused me to send you a Personal Message. In that message, I did not curse you, I said you were an a$$h@!e, which you (and others) only prove to be, over and over again...........kinda like the late, lamented, Voom programming you hate so much.

(wow, I just realized, you guys are just like VOOM! just like you describe it.........)
If you can't take other people opinions without acting like a "baby ",with Costant name calling maybe you should find something else to do online. There is NO excuse in acting the way you do In a Satellite TV thread.c All I ever see you do is Isolate someone ,in a manner that completely uncalled for. Your right 'I am an ASS&^%^, Get used to it ! Because in your Eyes everyone is an A#@ that doesn't agree with you!

If you can't take other people opinions without acting like a "baby ",with Costant name calling maybe you should find something else to do online. There is NO excuse in acting the way you do In a Satellite TV thread.c All I ever see you do is Isolate someone ,in a manner that completely uncalled for. Your right 'I am an ASS&^%^, Get used to it ! Because in your Eyes everyone is an A#@ that doesn't agree with you!
Hemi, you're the 2nd or 3rd biggest inciter of arguments that I've come across. Seems like you get off on fighting with people.

Hemi, you're the 2nd or 3rd biggest inciter of arguments that I've come across. Seems like you get off on fighting with people.
Think what you will ,But atleast I don't call people names, Offensive ones at that. Don't think for a second you are all saints. The Voom fans are the worst when it comes down to difference of opinion. Worse the the E*vs D* war Zone by far!

Last edited:
ksutart: I didn't make any decision on that. The weather channel wasn't even in the package when I subscribed it was one they added after removing what I did subscribe for, Voom.
I never watch it anyhow. I get enough weather warnings over my local network programs. I was just making a comment that HD isn't necessarily HD. I'm sure if I checked at prime time there would be more. What difference does it make if the weather or news is in HD, soon they will be having the shopping channels in HD and advertising more HD channels. When I signed up they had pretty much what I would have chosen if I could choose ala cart. Then the dumped 10 channels and added some junkers.
If I could get what I wanted ala cart I would gladly pay more for them especially if the dumped the splash commercials tooting their own horn about up coming shows and the channel you are watching etc.

Yes, and the same shows over and over and over again for months at a time. I think Voom had a total of 1 maybe 2 months of programming in their whole library.

Do a search and you will see you are incorrect about this. If it's an honest mistake, no problem. Many have assumed this to be true however Voom had new shows and new episodes every month.

Do a search and you will see you are incorrect about this. If it's an honest mistake, no problem. Many have assumed this to be true however Voom had new shows and new episodes every month.

Voom was full of repeats. I was a die hard Monsters HD fan and it is a fact that the repeats of 2-3 movie cycles began in November of 2007. I know this for a fact first hand. I got rid of Dish in Jan of this year. Some say Monsters HD was "getting better again" but it was obviously too late. There was a time I LOVED Monsters HD, but that is all history now. Monsters HD wasn't alone in the repeats... there are many first hand accounts by loyal Voom viewers bitching about the repeats on all channels. I verified this for myself by looking at the channel listings from time to time of all the Voom Channels.

They turned to sh*t and you know it. Good riddance to Voom.

They cooked their own goose.. they shot themselves in the foot.. there are many ways to say it. Voom is dead and they killed themselves. The reason doesn't matter. They did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts