Where is THIS in the morning?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
Ever since THIS on G4 Carribean was dropped and Live Well programming took over, I have had to watch THIS on the W3 satellite.

However, the programming is not there in the morning. I start getting reception around 1:00 p.m.MST. So, I missed out on some horror movies today.:(

Is THIS showing up somewhere else on satellite? Or is the morning programming farmed out to other affiliates until THIS becomes national in the afternoon? Maybe, the frequencies are different in the morning than the afternoon?

Can anyone tell me what might be going on or where I can find THIS somewhere else?:confused:

Thanks.

Desertnight

I don't think I've looked at it early, if I watch anything besides news or lately the weather, its Me-TV. Far as I know they both are 24hr feeds on 87W.

Nope, I do not need to tweek the dish. I get the programming in the afternoon like I said. I miss Bat Masterson at 8:00 a.m. MST. Sometimes THIS shows a movie at that time.

So...what gives with THIS to black out the programming on that satellite?

I would put my money on a temperature related LO frequency drift. The temperature around midday might shift the LO frequency to allow reception of the transponder. Try shifting the LO frequency in 1 degree increments to test the theory.

What are the frequencies ya'll are using? I'll compare them to what I have listed.

Funny thing though, all the other channels come in just fine in the morning. But not THIS.

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks.

desertnight,

what size dish are you using?

I have no problems pulling in "this tv" on 87 with my 10 footer... i think its the strongest signal on the sat...

also I used to get it with my 6 footer with no problems...

Thanks for the help. I have a 7-1/2 foot dish.

No, I have not tried the LO adjustment. The wind here is playing havoc with the dish lately, though this should not have anything to do with THIS right at the moment.

I'll just keep thinking about what's going on.

on my 6' dish I would have the same thing, this and MeTV would fade out in the morning then come back later in the evening. It drove me to the brink of insanity. I can only conclude that the dish was poorly aimed, damaged, etc. and all of the above.

On my new 10 foot dish, nooooooo problems....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts