Where is USB External Storage for the 942/ViP622?

500G External USB

I was just in Costco in Germantown MD and found the Western Digital USB external HD, 500 GB for 169! Even though External HD support is not yet up and running, I couldn't resist and I bought two!

Ok, does anyone have an update on when feature will be activated? Should we be checking this thread for updates?

Perhaps Dish lied about using protection.
DHPP costs me $5.99/mo, they had better not be lying! ;)

I still have my 500 GB USB 2.0 drive I bought last year for $200 waiting to go, but I found that I've used it to back up PCs and stuff. Now I need another unused drive for the 622 whenever it becomes available. I'm waiting until the feature becomes available, though, since I know two things: It doesn't work yet, and memory costs continue to drop. By the time Dish releases External HDD support on the ViP622, 750 GB drives will be $50!

I was just in Costco in Germantown MD and found the Western Digital USB external HD, 500 GB for 169! Even though External HD support is not yet up and running, I couldn't resist and I bought two!

Ok, does anyone have an update on when feature will be activated? Should we be checking this thread for updates?

Hadn't read this thread in a while. That was a good price, and but I'd be in some serious trouble with the better half if I went and bought two of them... I'll get one when the day comes that External Support actually occurs..

But this has been a funny thread the past few days...:D

MicroRant

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sorry - just venting my frustration that we're STILL waiting for this feature.
I'm struggling to free up enough disk space to record Planet Earth (among other things). :river
Haven't wined about this in a while so I was due.
I feel better now.

Thanks for listening, have a nice day.

You mean you don't want to pay $70 and have it in all it's glory on high def disc?

Under "Record Plus" it gives us the ability to enable or disable "ERD" . Any idea what enabling this feature does? Is this external recording device?

Hadn't read this thread in a while. That was a good price, and but I'd be in some serious trouble with the better half if I went and bought two of them... I'll get one when the day comes that External Support actually occurs..

But this has been a funny thread the past few days...:D
Buy.com has a Cavalry 500GB USB2 drive for $119 after $20 rebate.....

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203268362

Dish has been advertising that they will be showing their NEW External Storage Solution at Team Summit which is the first week of May.

Of course SatelliteGuys will be there covering this event for you!

"NEW?" Oh, boy. As in "different?" Are we going to develop the same feelings toward "NEW" as we have towards "SOON?" :(

All the same, I'll probably be one of those catching a few arrows in my back, once given the chance. :hungry:

Hallmark to Launch HD Movie Channel

622 Freezes & Reboots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)