WHERE IS VOOM!

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Fios should really carry voom. I heard fios was going to carry all these hd channels this year, and i figured they would add voom. I really miss my monsters hd and this fearnet aint cutting it. Monsters shows classics like freddy, jason, michael, and old stuff thats pretty cool too. Fios already has other programming thats owned by cablevision like FUSE and IFC, so the whole cablevision owns them thing doesnt work here. If fios is the most advanced network in the country it should have VOOM. Voom is cool! and having voom on FIOS would look way nicer then it does on cablevision due to the unlimitied bandwidth, and all the people who are sticking to cablevision because they carry voom, will comfortably be able to switch to verizon!

ALSO, i just thought of this, cablevision is the only company that carries voom, but they are just in the tristate area. Fios is national. IF they carried voom, they would be able to differentiate themselves from all local tv providers in the nation, and people would switch over to them. Even satellite doesnt carry them, so people may drop their dish because of all the exclusive content fios has.

I did not hear Fios carrying Voom, although it really is a great idea. I still get some Voom channels on my BellTV dish (Rave,Equator, TreasureHD, Oasis (A canada only one)) and I love them.

I do miss MonstersHD alot though.

I DID hear they will be carrying another set of 6 HD channels from somwhere else, all endin in .tv, like pet.tv, travel.tv, etc.

Anyone else hear of this?

If you ever had Voom, you've probably already seen pretty much all of what they'll ever offer that is of interest to you.

Fios is not national. It is only in Verizon areas, and only a tiny tiny portion of even that. Way too small to have any impact, or to single handedly save Voom.

Get over it, move on.

Fios is not national. It is only in Verizon areas, and only a tiny tiny portion of even that. Way too small to have any impact, or to single handedly save Voom.

Get over it, move on.

FIOS still probably covers more area than Cablevision, or will when it's finished.

And Voom is not only still operating, they're still signing deals for more content, so why the hell aren't they trying to sell themselves more? They're still better than most of what's out there.

FIOS still probably covers more area than Cablevision, or will when it's finished.

And Voom is not only still operating, they're still signing deals for more content, so why the hell aren't they trying to sell themselves more? They're still better than most of what's out there.
uhh no more like comcast

VOOM was removed from *E for a very good reason; the same old, tired programs were played over and over ad nauseum. It became a waste of bandwidth and *E made a very good business decision. Let's hope VZ learns from *E's mistake.

LOL

lol why are you so anti voom. It has some great niche channels. Monsters HD is awsome. And you wanna talk about wasting space! retirement channel?????????? and pets tv???????? hahahahahha what a joke. VOOM ROCKS!

VOOM was removed from *E for a very good reason; the same old, tired programs were played over and over ad nauseum. It became a waste of bandwidth and *E made a very good business decision. Let's hope VZ learns from *E's mistake.

And all the other channels repeat too. Voom was the best thing on Dish, not to mention the only place to get commercial-free uncensored concerts.

voom

HAHAHH, wow, lol. I thought I was the only one. I love my voom. I was going to switch to FIOS when i heard how amazing the picture quality is but the fact that they didnt have voom was a deal breaker. I love RAVE HD, and my kids love Monsters HD. The little one has the animania on all the time.

And what is stew talking about. Many people were very upset when *E dropped voom. They just dropped them because they had limited bandwidth and I thought FIOS was unlimited. And with all these international deals Voom is signing they are gonna be around a while.

Anyway im glad to see there are people here who love voom as much as me!!!

lol

im starting to think we all thought we were the only one. When i found out fios didnt carry voom, i said NO THANK YOU. I dont subscribe to any premium channels, and it was nice to have a few channels that showed uncut commercial free movies. And that RUSH hd has some pretty exciting stuff. I agree with what the other poster said. Who needs the retirement channel! :D

I think we should all sign a petition

I think we should all sign a petition and send it to FIOS, so that they can carry Voom. I just read an article today, called

FiOS Not Hurting Cablevision...Yet

ww w.dslreports.com/shownews/FiOS-Not-Hurting-CablevisionYet-98974?nocomment=1

I think that Fios doesnt realize, that alot of people have grown up with cablevision all their lives, and they are used to channels that they have grown to love. If Fios doesnt carry channels like VOOM, and Euronews, MSNBC and others that are on cablevision, I dont think that FIOS can compete. So FIOS hurry up and add VOOM!

And you wanna talk about wasting space! retirement channel?????????? and pets tv????????

couple thoughts

1. Those channels you posts above PAY to be on Dish
2. but in regards to these 3 people who love voom its funny how 3 posts (9,11,12) that appear to be from different people just happen to come from the same IP address???? And post 11's account was created at 10/18 0:33 and logged off at 0:43 and the user in post 12's account was created at 0:45. Oh by the way both users registered FROM THE SAME IP.

So I guess no matter how many single posts you make, its still one view :)

I think we should all sign a petition and send it to FIOS, so that they can carry Voom. I just read an article today, called

FiOS Not Hurting Cablevision...Yet

ww w.dslreports.com/shownews/FiOS-Not-Hurting-CablevisionYet-98974?nocomment=1

I think that Fios doesnt realize, that alot of people have grown up with cablevision all their lives, and they are used to channels that they have grown to love. If Fios doesnt carry channels like VOOM, and Euronews, MSNBC and others that are on cablevision, I dont think that FIOS can compete. So FIOS hurry up and add VOOM!

Frist off, FiOS has only been rolling out in NYC for less than 5 months, and they're nowhere near hitting the entire city yet. If CV isn't nervous about FiOS being in their backyard, then they're being moronic - here's some interesting info on subscriber rates:

In Thousands (000)
3rdQ 2ndQ

1. Verizon 233 176
2. Uverse 232 170
3. D* 156 129
4. E* (10) (25)
5. Cablevision (19) 7
6. Charter (26) (45)
7. Time Warner (31) (9)
8. Comcast (147) (138)

These are net gains/losses for the 3rd and 2nd quarters of 2008. Over a 6 month period, CV LOST a net of 12,000 subscribers. Verizon gained 409,000 in the same period. Like I said, if these types of numbers doesn't make CV nervous, then they're imbeciles.

As for MSNBC, they can't carry it yet due to an exclusive-carry agreement with CV. Once that agreement expires, Verizon will add the channels. Also, CV continues to play hard-ball in preventing Verizon from carrying channels like MSG-HD. Verizon has already taken CV to the FCC on that one, and CV is going to lose. They can't prevent another carrier from offering their channel. The most they can do is prevent another carrier from distributing by satellite, if they themselves aren't distributing by satellite (e.g. DirecTV not being able to carry CSN Philly).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)