Where is your dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
With recent discussions regarding pole mounts, roof questions, etc., I thought it would be interesting to hear where your dishes are located?

Roof?

Pole mount?

Antenna Mast?

Is your dish a long way from your house due to line of sight issues?

Maybe its on the neighbor's house?

How creative did you get in order to get a line of sight or to hide the dish from plain sight?

Mine (Triple LNB) is roof mounted on the garage and the coax is air-run back to the house. The plan is to go pole in the ground and run it 35 ft. back to the house and then use some type of bush on the sides to camoflague it up a bit.

Mine is mounted on the back of the deck on the rear of my house. I plan to do an addition to the house in the next couple of years which will probably require that I move it to the side of my chimney. This is probably not a bad thing since some trees will likely block my signal by then anyway, so moving it to the chimney will allow me to move it higher up.

Ted

ncted said:
Mine is mounted on the back of the deck on the rear of my house. I plan to do an addition to the house in the next couple of years which will probably require that I move it to the side of my chimney. This is probably not a bad thing since some trees will likely block my signal by then anyway, so moving it to the chimney will allow me to move it higher up.

Ted

Mine is located on the side of my house (not my idea)..I wanted chimney..installer said noway was he climbing on my roof (had snow at the time)..

Mine is on a ground pole right next to the utilities. I did not mount on the siding, because of the numerous utilities in that area.

Attachments

• DISH.JPG
    DISH.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 201
4 dishes on the roof and one on the deck railing

2 30” dishes, 18” and a 37x27 on the roof. 36” on the deck

Have to do it this way because the deck is on the north side of the house so I need to put the dishes on the roof on the back edge of roof.

Pole mount behind driveway at the side of the house. I plan on moving it further back to be partially hidden when I install my AT9.

My Phase III dish is on my roof, located near the peak. It had originally been much lower on the back side of the roof when I moved in, but that was before Tulsa had locals. By the time I got my system, the Tulsa locals were up on the 119 satellite, but a tree in a neighbor's yard blocked the line of sight for it. Since then, my neighbor has switched to D* and his dish is on the eaves of his roof. My wife told me that when the installer was putting up the dish she watched him through out computer room window.

Originally mounted on the brick front of the house. Moved to an eave at the back of the house after upgrading to the Phase III. I'm sure I will need a pole mount when I upgrade to the AT9. :)

It was installed on the roof above my front porch, but the installers failed to notice that they pointed it directly into a tree.

When I upgraded to HD, I had them move the dish. They put it on the side of the house, and installed a "pizza" OTA antenna that gets zero reception.

I'm not quite sure which one is worse. At least when it was on the roof, pointed at the tree, it didn't put holes in my siding.

:(

You have to keep in mind that ONLY the installers are the ones that have ANY say on where the dish is located. You are just the moron that owns the house. They are the trained building engineers that determine where the dish goes and how much permanent damage is done to your house. Read your contract, you signed over all rights to the safety of your home when you agreed to have that dish put on. And if you should question where they want to put it... well then Mr. Homeowner, you aint gettin no stinkin dish!!!

This post is SLIGHTLY tongue in cheek based on my discussion here with a few installers last night!

Mine is on a tripod on the peak of my roof. When I upgrade to the AT9,
I will be moving it to a pole in the side yard.

Mounted on the side of my (tiny) back porch.

It's the sloppiest, most slap it up install you ever did see.:)

I did it myself and darn it all i was proud!!!;)

wherever the installer puts it!! :D Seriously, current D* is on the roof. when I move they'll have to install it on the side as roof will be redone in 3 months.

I just had the 5 lnb dish installed on a pole beside my house in the back yard. 4 hour install.

Near the peak of a 1.5 story roof. Was affected by wind shortly after install, had to place a trouble call after trying, in vain, to realign myself. Second guy seems to have done a better job "securing" it in place.

Moved into a new house and mounted it on a pole about 8' high. Planted tree. It was a little tree -- that grew. Moved dish on top of patio cover close to same side of house. Tree grew. Moved farther away from side of house where tree was. Got 3-lnb sat dish. Tree grew. Signal started cutting out. Tree gone.

I got my Phase III about 5 feet off the ground bolted to my south wall, it's survived every hurricane last year, 2 of which hit me directly, did not even get misaligned. (knock on wood)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts