Help with recording issue please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mali40

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I posted this at the regular Directv forum before noticing this subforum, so I'm posting it here as well.

We have a Hughes Directv TiVO box and the newer Directv DVR box. We kept getting messages about satellite #1 blah, blah, blah, so hubby switched the two boxes around and put the TiVO box in our den and brought the newer one into the living room. We haven't got the error message since. Now that I've figured out the new remote, I've noticed that it records EVERYTHING even when it's set to only record 'first runs'. I'm seriously thinking of having him move everything back again. LOL Is there some 'trick' to get it to just record actual first runs and not every episode?:confused:

Sounds like the box is just messed up for some reason. If you don't have a lot of stuff that you haven't watch I would try the reset and clear back to the way it was when you got it. If that doesn't work, take it back for repair.

itsmeitsme said:
You can set it up to record first run only just like the directivo does.

She already stated she set it up for 'First Run Only' and it didn't work.

Does this happen with all programs set up for first runs? Depending on how the programs description info is can determine if it even knows its a first run or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts