Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Looking to buy a new HD receiver to add to my system. Whenever I go on Directv's website they tell me I need professional installation, which I do not. Anyone know a trusty place online that I can order from?

sometimes you can go to the dtv.com website and get the upgrade drop shipped, or also try solidsignal.com. great thing about solidsignal you can pick out which model you would like as well

Depending upon the complexity of the install, Directv requires a tech to do the install. Have you tried calling and asking about it?

Are you sure your installation will be a simple one? How many receivers/DVRs do you currently have, and are any of them "legacy" ones? Do you have an SWM system?

solidsignal.com or weaknees.com. I've purchased one box from company and I've been very pleased.

I had to order from an online retailer because DTV refused to guarantee me a NEW receiver if I were to have ordered through them. Complete BS.

If I'm going to drop 2 or 3 bills on an HD-DVR box, as a customer - I expect the unit to be BRAND NEW, not some refurbished junk. As a new customer with DTV (few months), this is my only gripe thus far with their customer service.

id start with directv, see if you can get it free
reason: even if you buy it from solidsignal, its still leased, iirc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)