Where to buy Azbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
Seems like only 2 on ebay,and kinda pricey.
Do these have manuel pids.
How about the newer pansat hd.Can you enter the pids manually?
I didn't care much for the openbox because of adding transponders and info.Couldn't get use to the editor.

I'd like something I could do manuel pid inputs-HD and low priced.
I might go back to an openbox,but I don't care much for having to use the editor.This is what I want to get around.
I want(?) a unit I can go diredtly to a sat locastion and put in new transponder info without all the drama of an openbox.
Hmmm.

Ya know, I've owned an AZBox receiver now for over 2 years and I've got an Openbox S9 that I got last summer plus one I got back in the fall and for the money you can't beat an Openbox receiver. With the AZBox I've tried to use MAZ to edit the channel list with little to no success. The Channel editor for the Openbox S9 was fairly easy to use and I had my first channel list ready in short order once I figured out how it worked. I've also added satellite locations from the remote without any problems.

As far as adding TPs go, I've had little to NO problems adding TPs on my Openbox?? Don't know whether I'm doing something different from the rest of you folks but I got no complaints to date.

FYI, both my AZs came from the dealer in Miami that use to sell them on fleabay. I bought two from him. Pricey, well, yes but they may get cheaper in the not too distant future. Both of mine are running 5020 firmware and seem to do fine on that version. Of course YouTube doesn't work but I can count on one hand how many times I've used that anyway so it's not a biggie for me. There are a couple of quirks in the channel list but one thing I've found is that you don't EVER, EVER want to have a satellite in the list with NO TPs LISTED!! On mine, I always keep one TP number in whether it's a good one or not, ie, Cband I use 3650 and Ku I use 11000 along with 29270 for Sr. This keeps the channel list from horking up. That and I also backup my channel lists about once a week and keep about a dozen copies to fall back on.

Last item is that since AZBoxes got banned in Brazil and may get banned in a couple of other South American countries you might want to wait a while to see if the price will come down on them. The law of supply and demand applies here, ie, if they loose those markets then it's likely dealers will flood the market here!

Any product will have a tough time living up to this hype. Be so kind when it actually comes out.

I'm sure it won't be totally polished and perfect, but considering where it is now at the development stage, it pretty much blows away anything else out there. We already know quite a bit about Brian's new box, and there have been numerous rigorous tests of its capabilities. Whatever is found lacking when it hits the market will surely be addressed, unlike the garbage boxes that are coming out of various factories in China with little or no support.

Not trying to sound like a cheerleader (I know I probably do anyway), but I have the greatest enthusiasm for the microHD!

I bought a AZbox Ultra from ricks around a year ago and have found it to work very well if used as it should be used!Looking forward getting the micro-HD!I have a geosat 200 and geosats service plus updates is first class.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts