Where to buy DirecTV uniform for installers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Considering what I have seen over the last 6 weeks in LA (Directv's home turf) and the total inept installers and service from Connect TV - I seriously don't think there are truly any good Directv Installers/SubContractors - or Directv employees left and I doubt I will ever change my mind on that after 22 hours and 18 minutes on the phone with D* since January 21st and 3 full days of botched installs now - and still its fwaked.

Too bad too, because I was willing to pay the installer well on the side today as i didnt want to scew around with this any longer - problem was he couldnt even speak or read English so we couldnt communicate.

HDTV fanAtic,

Now you got it!
In the future everyone will be a contractor.
For now, DTV has dumped their former group of large and small installation companies. All were told to try to make a deal with two Master Service Providers (MSP)s DTV designated. Many installation companies and their installers left the business rather than accept the new lower DTV installation rates.
For myself, I tried pulling in my coverage area. Does the phrase,"making due with less," have meaning to you? Everybody has a first day on a new job. What you are seeing is a whole class of new guys having first days. What they are about to learn as they get better at installations is the difference between being an employee and a contractor. When they start comparing their overhead expenses to the money they get you will see another cycle begin. Betya!
So, if your DTV installer has his fly up and his shirt in he is probably doing his best. I have found this business to be much like religon and politics. You have to be smart enough to understand the rules but mature enough to remember it is only a game...or was that baseball?

DTV provides the FREE basic installation to hapen through contractors. You are free to deal with any contractor you wish to get your installation done as you wish. The FREE basic installation is not enough for some folks.

Joe

The only way I have found, as an installer, to keep my standards up is to create my own authorized dealership so I can make enough money to do what I do.

BTW, with me a pole mount is FREE as an option. I also give every customer a 2 year warranty. That is the only way I feel there is to properly do business. BTW, if you diversify it will pay off, I have about 75% of my satellite radio and GPS plug and play sales come from my D* and E* customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts