Where to Look for Satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsternberg

Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Mars
Hello! I'm new, so please remove this post or direct me to the correct thread if there is one, but I'm wondering if I could inquire about purchasing a large, old-fashioned c-band satellite dish. Like a ten foot+ one. If anybody has any recommendations of where to look, I'd be super grateful. Thanks!

The best place to start here is by posting in the Free To Air (FTA) forum.

Do you have a specific application or are you looking to get into FTA viewing/listening?

Thanks everyone! I'm located in Philadelphia, by the way. If any other recommendations come to mind, let me know. Looking for a dish between 8' and 12', probably.

I need one is because I work with a theater company and I'm helping build their set. The director wants a large, old-fashioned satellite dish to be part of it. Of course, if it was functional, that might be of personal interest later ;)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys tsternberg !
Yes find you a good working one and use it for FTA after the show. :)

Thanks everyone! I'm located in Philadelphia, by the way. If any other recommendations come to mind, let me know. Looking for a dish between 8' and 12', probably.

I need one is because I work with a theater company and I'm helping build their set. The director wants a large, old-fashioned satellite dish to be part of it. Of course, if it was functional, that might be of personal interest later ;)
Found this 8 foot dish on Craigslist. Says best offer takes it. Don't know how far it is from you or if it's even still available (listed a month ago) but might be worth asking. http://southjersey.craigslist.org/sys/5020398595.html
P.S. Welcome to Satellite Guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)