Where to move my fixed C band dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I have a fixed C-band dish that is going unused. It was last pointed to the PBS channels.

I like stations such as RTN which I will be tring to get with my Primestar dish tonight.

Does anyone have sugestions of a good satelite to move my c-band dish to. The BUD has both a C and KU lnb. I really don't like moving it (it is a pain to aim the skew) but if there was some worthwhile I would do it.

I agree with Tron
99 & 121

really depends on receiver too as 99 has some HD & 4:2:2 feeds and 121 has alot of AC-3 audio channels

the bigger picture:

Hard to aim 'n skew?
Iceberg flings his 6' fixed dishes around all the time, from what I've read.
Practice makes perfect. - ;)

If that's not for you, or it's not easily accessible, how 'bout motorizing it?
It's almost a toss-up between rigging your 6'er with a mount from a surplus BUD, and just installing a surplus 8' BUD all by itself.
Something to consider.

I like 99w as a backup for my local networks in case of conflicting shows or local blackouts (or when there's sever weather I don't care about and my locals cut into my shows!!).

Laser I'd say 91W, 99W, 121W. Depending upon what you want to watch. I just noticed you're in the same town as myself. Are you the guy over on Huntley? Your set up sounded familiar to me. Hey when your bored sometime go by the schools you'll see my set up about a mile on the left past the schools as you go away from 28. Seems like I see more people slow down as they pass my house...must be all those dishes lol. Blind

Blind,
Yes thats me. I have been by your house! Its easy to spot.

I did re-aim my BUD to AMC9 last night since I was re-aiming my Primestar there anyway and I wanted to compare the KU levels of both dishes. Both the P* and BUD give me the exact same quality levels. Moving the BUD gave me som practice with the LNB skew so I should be able to move it easier in the future.

I personally like AMC 1 because of DW-TV. I have my one 6 footer permanently pointed to it specifically for DW-TV. Since you have a Ku feed too, you can pick up the NBC DVB-S2 feeds pretty easily.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts