minbud music choice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

palenda

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
floida
i want to recieve music choice on a mini bud dish 500 dish with a c band lnbf is this possible

C-band on a dish 500? I haven't tried that, but I wouldn't bet on it. Those dishes are so small you'd prob get 6 different satellites at once!

i want to recieve music choice on a mini bud dish 500 dish with a c band lnbf is this possible

It will not work period! The dish 500 dish is only 20 inches. It won't even play well with FSS ku. It will work with the 200 watt DBS birds only.

Thats the symbol rate for the transponder. I was wondering what bitrate the digital audio is. (32kbs, 64kbs, 128kbs etc).

Don't know Music Choice sounds pretty good so I doubt it's less than 128k.

depends

Don't know Music Choice sounds pretty good so I doubt it's less than 128k.

Read a little bit on this and they are using a VBR for their system now. So it can vary from channel to channel. What I did read didn't give exact rates but for a cable system had to use an $1800+ decoder for it.

It seems like I've seen Music Choice more than one place, so it may be different on different feeds, however I just tuned in the MC on G14, and looked at it with TSREADER. Below is what TSREADER says for one of the channels:

Elementary Stream PID 467 (0x01d3) AC-3 Audio
AC3: Bitrate 192 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
AC3: Mode complete main Coding 2/0 L, R
AC3: Dolby Surround Mode not indicated
AC3: LFE Mode Off Dialogue normalization -31 dB

I checked about a dozen of the channels, and every one came up like the above.
Also, I looked at the actual bitrate of the PIDs of each audio channel, and they were all ~ 201.91 kbps

Hope this is what you're looking for. I didn't see any indication of variable bitrate. All seemed to be constant and the same. However maybe there is another feed that does the variable stuff. I think DTV used to have MC audio, and I think DTV may use variable bitrates, however I think they changed to XM a couple years ago.

EDIT: :) Another fun thing I can do with the new Genpix that I couldn't do a week ago. Nice to be able to pull up these DCII channels on my laptop.

What I read

It seems like I've seen Music Choice more than one place, so it may be different on different feeds, however I just tuned in the MC on G14, and looked at it with TSREADER. Below is what TSREADER says for one of the channels:

Elementary Stream PID 467 (0x01d3) AC-3 Audio
AC3: Bitrate 192 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
AC3: Mode complete main Coding 2/0 L, R
AC3: Dolby Surround Mode not indicated
AC3: LFE Mode Off Dialogue normalization -31 dB

I checked about a dozen of the channels, and every one came up like the above.
Also, I looked at the actual bitrate of the PIDs of each audio channel, and they were all ~ 201.91 kbps

Hope this is what you're looking for. I didn't see any indication of variable bitrate. All seemed to be constant and the same. However maybe there is another feed that does the variable stuff. I think DTV used to have MC audio, and I think DTV may use variable bitrates, however I think they changed to XM a couple years ago.

EDIT: :) Another fun thing I can do with the new Genpix that I couldn't do a week ago. Nice to be able to pull up these DCII channels on my laptop.

The VBR could just be something related to cable co's rebroadcast. The article was written for the cable co's that carry it. So the info may have been related to the decoder used to put it over cable. It wasn't real clear to me if they were talking about what was coming down off sat or whta was being sent down the line it a cable system.

Music Choice is CBR, with 192k AC3 audio. The total bitrate of the whole transport stream is a little more than 13Mbits. I love Music Choice, and love receiving it's transport stream. Shame I don't have room for another dish, because I'd keep it parked on G14 just for Music Choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts