where to save 50% or more on sat signal finder batteries and discussion on finders who likes what

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I just about gave up looking for a battery for my SF 3000E as I saw them going online for close to $100 one for $60 and my Birddog Battery I thought was rather high when I bought it

So Today I figure I would take the SF3000 Battery to Battery Depot and they made one for me while I waited for $35 that was a deal in my eyes then I asked them about Batteries for other Signal finders, They said they could make a battery for what ever one needed as long as they brought the old one in and told me That Their prices are always fare as they charge for the Batteries needed and their Labor involved nothing more.

I just about gave up on the SF3000 just couldnt seeing putting a $100 in to a battery , but the new Battery did the job and Its back in service
Over the last Decade and a half I have bought many signal finders hoping one would be better then another, Come to find they are just about all equal , and knowing how to operate each finder is what is the biggest problem and That can make one go nutty, then there are the finders with all the bells and whistles, but after working with Free to air since the Mid 1980s still the simple little old Squawk boxes still can help set up a prime focus dish as they did years ago, as most FTA receivers are signal meters in themselves, But I still like my toys seeing what the next in tech will bring, just have to have our Big Boy Toys

We have a similar battery store and you are right about the savings. I have battery packs for power tools rebuilt there. And in some cases they can improve the battery. My 3/8th impact went from a 1.3ah to a 2.1ah. Way improved battery life.

I think you may be right about the meters being very similar. But I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". Basically you need just anything that registers signal to align the dish with practice. There is no need for a spectrum analyser if you don't know what to do with the information. And most folks use a TV and receiver as they don't need to set it up very often. I find my self playing with a lot of dihes and configurations so I decided to get a meter/signal finder. Hopefully I can learn enough about using this thing to appreciate it's quality or lack of. I know having a handheld TV Sat receiver will make things a lot simpler for me.

Actually, it's not that hard to rebuild battery packs if you can find compatible new cells. I have rebuilt many Nicad and NiMH power tool batteries over the years by removing the old cells and soldering new ones in place.

I suspect that "smart" Lithium battery packs would not be so easy to rebuild.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)