Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yankees

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Tigers

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • He will remain a Twin

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
I think he will stay a Twin, because the Twins will probably want too much in return for him.

I think he will stay a Twin, because the Twins will probably want too much in return for him.

They'll have to break eventually, because you can't let the best pitcher in baseball leave for nothing, which is what's going to happen at the end of the year. No way they're going to pay him.

I don't think Chamberlin is going ANYWHERE.....

Unfortunatly, I don't see the Tigers in these Santana talks ....yet :eek: :river

Jimbo

And you won't. The price is just TOO high. Besides, with Santana gone, the path to the division crown gets a little easier. Santana's 18-20 W's wont be easily replaced. For the Tigers, it becomes addition by subtraction.

Damm the Twins just leaked the Redsox deal and Redsox GM is pissed and are offered Clay Buchholz, Pedroia or Crisp, along with 2 minor leaguers.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_7584709?source=most_viewed

Beckett
Santana
Dice-K
Schilling
Buchholz

WOW, freaking WOW!

No kidding... I guess that protects them for when/if Schilling leaves, but good grief. Talk about the rich getting richer. They won't even need to play offense.

And they're only really giving up Crisp (who they've already replaced) and Lester (who they won't need anymore if they get Santana) to get him...

Damm the Twins just leaked the Redsox deal and Redsox GM is pissed and are offered Clay Buchholz, Pedroia or Crisp, along with 2 minor leaguers.

I did not hear Pedroia being in the mix, I would hate to see that happen.
Isn' t he the young 2B, they just established him to be the guy for them finally and now they are potentially letting him go ?

Jimbo

It is not set in stone yet. The whole thing is still up in the air. The Twins are not that stupid to get low level players for a number pitcher of the caliber of Santana. I hope not!

Ortiz, Moss, Garnett, and soon Santana :)

Minnesota best athletes in Beantown baby

That's funny - I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right...

It is not set in stone yet. The whole thing is still up in the air. The Twins are not that stupid to get low level players for a number pitcher of the caliber of Santana. I hope not!

Everyone's going to lowball them because they know there's no way the Twins can keep him and they have to get something out of him.

If they wait until the trading deadline it will be even worse.

Who are you calling "Low Level " players. Bucholtz is up and coming as is Pedroia , IF he's included, Crisp is the one that makes me wonder, but they will need a CF'er, haven't heard who the other two will be yet.

KIM, the Twins want YOUNG up and comers, they don't want proven players on the decline.

I really doubt Pedroia goes, I heard yesterday that it was looking like Bucholtz, Lester, Crisp and a minor leaguer.

Bucholtz and Lester are top notch guys

Jimbo
Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)