Where'd the 103(b) go ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outerub

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Michigan.
It was there yesterday but gone today. The 103(a) is fine with all available transponders in the high 80's ? Did they turn it off ?

It was there yesterday but gone today. The 103(a) is fine with all available transponders in the high 80's ? Did they turn it off ?

Sort of. 103b is D10. Directv is attempting to fix the spotbeam issue they had when it launched. To do so, they took it off line, so to speak.

raoul5788 said:
Sort of. 103b is D10. Directv is attempting to fix the spotbeam issue they had when it launched. To do so, they took it off line, so to speak.

I am aware of all of this, but I still haven't found out one key piece of information. What issue was there with the D10 spotbeams?

The issue basically was reducing capacity and goes all the way to the launch in 2007. They announced they hard partial use of the expected spotbeam capacity. They hope the activities they are trying will fix it and give them full use, thus more HD Locals for more markets.

The issue basically was reducing capacity and goes all the way to the launch in 2007. They announced they hard partial use of the expected spotbeam capacity. They hope the activities they are trying will fix it and give them full use, thus more HD Locals for more markets.

Thank you. I had been wondering about that.

Mine seem to be the same as they were, after I re-aimed the dish last week. Just no 103 (b)

Mine might have dropped slightly, but not more than a couple of points each.

Mine have always been in the mid to high 80's .... I've never been able to grab all 5 birds and get 90's on all of them. Mast is probably out of plumb a bit as my true beam peak methodology is solid.

Just a quick question I have wondered...

There is a "ca" and "cb" for 103, but just "c" for 99... I assume that these stand for conus "A band" and "B band". The transponder numbers for both 99 and 103 match for the "cb" TPs, and the new DirecTV 12 satellite is on the 103(ca)... but there is no "ca" for 99... does that mean that eventually DirecTV can launch another satellite for the A band on 99 as they have for 103? Or do they not have enough spectrum at 99?

--Nat

Mine are slightly lower, they were in the 90's now in the 80's

Mine might have dropped slightly, but not more than a couple of points each.

Mine have always been in the mid to high 80's .... I've never been able to grab all 5 birds and get 90's on all of them. Mast is probably out of plumb a bit as my true beam peak methodology is solid.

I peaked the dish just a bit yesterday and now everything is up to snuff !

How about trees or anything else that might slightly be questionably in the way....
It doesn't take much to cause a issue.

Also as you mentioned, pole needs to be plumb.

How about trees or anything else that might slightly be questionably in the way....
It doesn't take much to cause a issue.

Also as you mentioned, pole needs to be plumb.

There's definately a foliage issue but it's hard to tell if the leaves are really in the way or just catching the edge ... Depends on how high in the sky the birds are. Anyway, I rarely have signal issues ... only when we have the NASTIEST weather and then, only until the worst of it passes over.

Thanks Jimbo.

Regards,

OUB. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts