Which Antenna (Airport Area)

ClemsonJeeper

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
So I live right in the flight path of IAD (Dulles Airport). The locals I care about are out of Washington, DC which I am about 23 miles (tops) from via antennaweb.

I live in a townhouse I own and can put whatever I want on the roof (to an extent). What antenna would you recommend for this distance plus the fact that I might have to deal with interference from airplanes flying above me?

Any help would be recommended!

I'm in the same situation near BWI. If I were you I'd start out with a Zenith Silver Sensor (indoor) and see how it does first. Its at the low end $$ wise, but I'm 1/2 way between Balt. and DC and the towers are 18mi max. It gets me sig strenth in the high 80's. Its very directional, but the DC stations are all pretty close to each other so you'll still have to move it around a little to get the best sig for each station. I also have a Wineguard Squareshooter 2 (outdoor amped) that does very well also. You can also add a amp to the Silver Sensor if the signals are a little weak. Radio Shack has a nice one that I use for around $70.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)