Which Arc?

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Hate to bring back an old thread.

Quetion: Is there are updated list for knowing which Arch you will be on for new installs?

I just checked the OMaha DMA sat maps and it looks like Omahas HD Locals are on BOTH Eastern and Western Arch?

I am asking because
For the new My Primetime, the Eastern also has Two PBS and one CW in the same transponder, but the Western only has the big 4 on one Transponder.

Any Other Advantage to have Eastern or Western? If your DMA is on both do you get to pick?

Here is the link from the old post above , it says last updated in 2009

Eastern Arc DMA Lookup Tool

http://www.dishretailer.com/dmalookup.html

If you are asking because of the Primetime Anytime that is coming to the Hopper receiver, I don't think it will make any difference since it seem to only record the big four, ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox anyway. I haven't seen any mention of recording the PBS or CW anyway.

For the new My Primetime, the Eastern also has Two PBS and one CW in the same transponder, but the Western only has the big 4 on one Transponder.
reason is EA the channels have to be MPEG4 whereas on WA in most cases HD is on 129 and the SD channels are on 110 or 119 so putting them (SD channels) on 129 is redundant

And just to reaffirm, it sounds like only the big four networks will record all at the same time. So it is irrelevant about what else is or is not on that transponder. Something like that, Dish would not only have EA get it and not WA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)