WWORHD Under Spotbeam but Outside NY DMA

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
When this feed first became available there were some insisting that the availability outside the DMA wasa mistake that would soon be corrected. Just out of curiosity is it still available/

Yes, I still get it in HD, via Superstations, and I am not the NY DMA for locals. (CH 6307)

Is WWOR the only superstation like that? Or are some of the others the same?

Could care less about getting WWOR, but would really like a CW one (WPIX).

Tampa8 said:
Yes, I still get it in HD, via Superstations, and I am not the NY DMA for locals. (CH 6307)

Where are you located to get this in HD through Superstations?

*** EDIT: Confirmed WWOR HD avail outside NY DMA... Great!!

Last edited:
Are you folks on the EA. Here in the WA and LA DMA, channel 6307 is KCBS, Los Angeles HD. Is anyone in the WA getting WWOR in HD? Perhaps WWOR HD has been opened to subs who may be lacking channels?

WWOR HD is currently available to superstation subs inside the NY spotbeam but outside the DMA. Apparently at lesat superstation subs on EA see it in the guide but cannot watch it. Not sure about WA superstation subs or non superstation subs anywhere.

WWOR HD is currently available to superstation subs inside the NY spotbeam but outside the DMA. Apparently at lesat superstation subs on EA see it in the guide but cannot watch it. Not sure about WA superstation subs or non superstation subs anywhere.

It's in the WA (channel 6305) guide as well.

I don't know why they don't offer the supers in HD. My guess is that they fear it would only lead to more requets for syndex blackouts. But that is my guess only. It is worth no more than all the prediction we saw over the year about the supers going away with the digital transition, the WB and or UPN etting the standard fora network, the merger of thoe two networks, or any of the rest of the situations that were supposed to cause it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts