Which c/ku-band feedhorn is best?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which picture is the center one? I see 4 pictures on the sat guys on my tablet. I bought a used 8 ft dish with just a cband lnb chap feehorn. 35 degrees lnb.That feedhorn out performs a brand new dual that looks like from picture 4 with the same c lnb and a new Ku lnb. I desperately want Ku on the dish but I won't compromise S2 CBS ABC etc type feeds. I would like option 4 if I could get it working right. A lnbf for me did not work at all for a 8ft size dish

Which picture is the center one? I see 4 pictures on the sat guys on my tablet. I bought a used 8 ft dish with just a cband lnb chap feehorn. 35 degrees lnb.That feedhorn out performs a brand new dual that looks like from picture 4 with the same c lnb and a new Ku lnb. I desperately want Ku on the dish but I won't compromise S2 CBS ABC etc type feeds. I would like option 4 if I could get it working right. A lnbf for me did not work at all for a 8ft size dish

The one with the "blue cap" over the feedhorn throat is the one "center FIRED" (not "center one" picture) one. That's because both the c-band and the ku band is picked up in the center throat.

It''s picture #3 and #4. Where the Ku is centered in the C band throat. The Corotor being preferred over the Ku feed being offset to the side as in Pic #1 & #2. That moves it out of the focal point resulting in diminished performance.
If you can tolerate a little loss on C band, 1 to 3db IIRR, a Corotor would be an option.
A single band feed is the most efficient.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts