Which C/Ku satellite for a fixed dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
Okay guys, got a question. I'm considering finding/purchasing a 6ft dish to put up as a fixed dish to add to my collection. However, I'm not sure which satellite I want to put it on. So, for fun, I thought I'd ask all of your opinion. If you were given a 6 footer, but couldn't motorize it, which satellite would you lock it on and why? It can either be a C and/or Ku satellite. I have a feeling that most of you are going to say Galaxy 16 @ 99w, but I don't need the networks because I have an antenna for those :) Fire away!

Prime focus, or offset feed dish?
I suggest ya give a look at what Fred did, and see if it is something you'd like to duplicate,
- even on a smaller scale,
- or a little at a time:

Linuxman and entire arc on 6' Prodelin:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...st-way-receive-whole-ku-arc-fixed-dishes.html

Good idea, and a worth task. I might look into that. However I was looking more into seeing THE "favorite" satellite is for the FTAers here. I know it really depends on what you're after, but, I wanna see what the overall consensus is.

Okay guys, got a question. I'm considering finding/purchasing a 6ft dish to put up as a fixed dish to add to my collection. However, I'm not sure which satellite I want to put it on. So, for fun, I thought I'd ask all of your opinion. If you were given a 6 footer, but couldn't motorize it, which satellite would you lock it on and why? It can either be a C and/or Ku satellite. I have a feeling that most of you are going to say Galaxy 16 @ 99w, but I don't need the networks because I have an antenna for those :) Fire away!
If I was where you are located, I'd get my fill of NHK World(read: see if I like it) on 58W (+9 degree elevation for me :rolleyes:)
Have a look at 121W and 91W

Either way, I say order it with a POLAR mount and NOT an AZ/EL mount.
I love being able to just loosen a few bolts and slide the pipe/actuator E/W until peaked.
Beats approx. the EL, peaking AZ(E/W), then repeating a few more times to get peak Quality.:p

me personally...99W

just a cornucopia of programming on there in analog & digital. The networks are nice but I can get them much clearer OTA. I like it for the My Network feed (especially West so I can watch WWE Smackdown at 10:00 Central). Also I like the syndicated shows and they are on the GDMX channels (you note a azbox in your sig and you can get those). Same with analog. There are a few shows on there (like Maury, Steve Wilkos and some judge shows) that I can see at off the wall times instead of what my local station has it shown at (especially when one station has Maury and the other has Steve on at the same time) ;)

91W is a close second but that depends if some channels are ITC or not :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

63W Ku SCETV?

Eyepatch Mentality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts