Which college football games are you most excited for?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Which college games are you most excited to see and why?

I have said I'm a Texas Tech fan, and two of their games I'm excited for:

October 25th against Kansas- Two explosive offenses, two prolific quarterbacks, and a setting that's no longer cavernous. I'd like to see 'Gameday' come here- it'll be very meaningful and very exciting.

November 1st against Texas- All the cards are falling into place- Tech's loaded, the game's at home, and Texas doesn't have much of a team this year. Unless Colt McCoy plays like Colt Brennan, I don't see Texas winning. Yes, Tech's defense is leaky, but so is Texas'. And the Longhorns don't have the offensive weapons to keep up for once.

In fact, I am going to make a bold prediction:

I GUARANTEE THAT TEXAS TECH WILL MAKE A BCS GAME!!

Those are my choices- what are yours and why?

In fact, I am going to make a bold prediction:

I GUARANTEE THAT TEXAS TECH WILL MAKE A BCS GAME!!
That's pretty bold, considering how much you crack on Florida for not having a defense.

Last year's stats: Florida scored 42.5 while giving up 25.5, Texas Tech scored 40.9 while giving up 25.9. So they scored less and gave up more than Florida.

September 13th: Ohio State vs. USC for obvious reasons.

November 1st: The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. You've got Tebow vs. Stafford, and a Florida Gators team that's mad as hell at the Bulldogs after last year's infamous touchdown celebration.

November 28th (Black Friday): WVU vs. Pitt has an interesting storyline. Other than the fact they're rivals who have literally played each other 100 times now, the Mountaineers will be looking to avenge their loss last December to the Panthers who squashed their national title hopes. It may also be the de facto Big East championship game. Keep an eye on the running backs for each team. LeSean McCoy and Noel Devine are both very fun to watch. (unless you're rooting for the other team.)

And of course, pretty much any other rivalry game. These games are the ones that make college football so great.

No way Gameday shows up for TT-Kansas. Oct 25 you have Georgia @ LSU and Penn St @ Ohio St. Gameday will be at one of those places. TT is a complete joke of a program. Their OOC schedule is pathetic. They play E. Washington, Nevada, SMU and UMass. Terrible. I hope they get ripped in the Big XII so they can be exposed for trying to game the system.

November 1st: The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. You've got Tebow vs. Stafford, and a Florida Gators team that's mad as hell at the Bulldogs after last year's infamous touchdown celebration.

They may still be mad about it but I don't think they'll be mad enough to stop GA, right now i think Richt is the best coach in the SEC and possibly college football. GA (in my mind and many others) were the best team last season, better than either team in the BCS Championship, they've had VERY few personel changes so they're pretty much the same team they ended the season with.

I predict another NC for the SEC this year. The SEC is just going to pass the trophy around for a few years.

I predict another NC for the SEC this year. The SEC is just going to pass the trophy around for a few years.

Let me give you my prediction for the title game in Miami:

matthew-stafford-pictures%20(10).jpg
BCS09mini.jpg
missou.jpg

Georgia has the talent, don't get me wrong, I just question if they can keep the level of excitment they had for the Florida game last year up all year long. Stafford had some questionable games and Moreno was able to bail him out.

I live in and love the Jayhawks, but my team is still the Buffalos. As always CU has an easy schedule.:D
" Sun, Aug 31 COLORADO STATE at Denver 5:30 p.m.
FSN

Sat, Sep 06 EASTERN WASHINGTON BOULDER 1:30 p.m.

Thu, Sep 18 WEST VIRGINIA BOULDER 6:30 p.m.
ESPN

Sat, Sep 27 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. TBA

HOMECOMING

Sat, Oct 04 *TEXAS BOULDER TBA

Sat, Oct 11 *Kansas at Lawrence, Kan. TBA

FAMILY WEEKEND

Sat, Oct 18 *KANSAS STATE BOULDER TBA

Sat, Oct 25 *Missouri at Columbia, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 01 *Texas A&M at College Station, Texas TBA

Sat, Nov 08 *IOWA STATE BOULDER TBA

Sat, Nov 15 *OKLAHOMA STATE BOULDER TBA

Fri, Nov 28 *Nebraska at Lincoln, Neb. 1:30 p.m.
ABC

* Conference Games
"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 13th: Ohio State vs. USC for obvious reasons.

November 28th (Black Friday): WVU vs. Pitt has an interesting storyline. Other than the fact they're rivals who have literally played each other 100 times now, the Mountaineers will be looking to avenge their loss last December to the Panthers who squashed their national title hopes. It may also be the de facto Big East championship game. Keep an eye on the running backs for each team. LeSean McCoy and Noel Devine are both very fun to watch. (unless you're rooting for the other team.)

And of course, pretty much any other rivalry game. These games are the ones that make college football so great.

These are my 3 big games on the college football schedule - outside of Virginia Tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)