which dish do I need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maharaj13

Original poster
May 2, 2004
Will this "PhaseIII DIRECTV® 18" x 20" Triple LNB Satellite Dish" from circuitcity allow me to get hindidirect package or do I need a special dish?

I think he means The HindiDirect Package for international programing. In which case another dish may be needed. The best thing to do would be to call 1-800-378-3309

rockaway1836 said:
I think he means The HindiDirect Package for international programing. In which case another dish may be needed. The best thing to do would be to call 1-800-378-3309

Than if that the case yes he will need another dish.

t

do you guys know if circuitcity has that 2nd dish or do I have to go through Directv?

the reason I am hesitant to call Directv is because I don't want to sign long term commintment with them. I would rather buy the equipment and install it myself. I could order the equipment from Directv, but I wanted to install it this weekend.

Currently, I don't have service with Directv. Isn't there a way get the international package without signing up for the 12 month commitment?

I already have dishnetwork for resting of my programming.

maharaj13 said:
Currently, I don't have service with Directv. Isn't there a way get the international package without signing up for the 12 month commitment?

No, every time you activate a receiver, you sign up for 12 months.

maharaj13 said:
the reason I am hesitant to call Directv is because I don't want to sign long term commintment with them. I would rather buy the equipment and install it myself. I could order the equipment from Directv, but I wanted to install it this weekend.
Why not sign the comitment? This not to a "let me see if I like" type of service. Besides, unless you have installed a 95/101 ODU, you will not be able to get signal. How old are your receivers? Are they multi-sat capable?

The bottom line here is that all the International channels (except the Chinese and Spanish ones) are on the 95 satellite and the only place I'm aware of where you can get the dish for that is from D* themselves.

Newshawk said:
The bottom line here is that all the International channels (except the Chinese and Spanish ones) are on the 95 satellite and the only place I'm aware of where you can get the dish for that is from D* themselves.
Chinese is also available on 95 :yes

maharaj13 said:

This is from D's site:
You must first subscribe to the DIRECTV® BASIC ($9.99/mo) or DIRECTV® PREFERRED CHOICE™ ($29.99/mo) international base package, or any TOTAL CHOICE® ($41.99/mo. or above) or DIRECTV PARA TODOS® ($29.99/mo. or above) base package. Then, just pick which South Asian service you would like to add. Annual commitment required.

ORDERING PACKAGES
Just call 1-800-378-3309 to order and to learn more about pricing and equipment requirements

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)