Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

2 stars I did not think much of "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia". I saw this movie entirely and did not like it. I thought the story line was not great. The HD transfer was very good.

No one mentioned Solaris?

Give the viewer 5 stars for being able to sit through the entire thing. It was cool though, watched the original, then the new one on Showtime HD an hour later.

Hannah and Her Sisters: **** one of my favorites of Woody Allen's "serious" movies (the other being Crimes & Misdemeanors, which has been shown on ShowtimeHD). Basically a family melodrama, with Woody in a very funny role as a hypochrondiac.

Vanishing: **** most "psychological thrillers" aren't very psychological or thrilling. This Dutch film is both. About an ordicnary looking man with a family who is also a serial killer. Early in the movie, he kidnaps a young woman on a vacation with her husband. The rest of the movie follows her husband's quest to find her. Inevitably, the killer and husband meet and the ending will give you the creeps.

The Big Heat: **1/2 a decent film noir but not a great one like Double Indemnity. Don't know why Ebert likes it so much except that it was directed by the legendary Fritz Lang.

Picnic at Hanging Rock: *** a moody film about girls at an Australian boarding school who mysteriously disappeatone day on a picnic. Depending on your taste, it's either a snoozefest or a great film. I think it's sort of interesting. It helps that the girl in the lead is an ethereal beauty :)

Zelig: * about a guy who repeatedly shows up in moments throughout 20th cent history. Couldn't get into it. Stopped watching after 15 minutes.

Paulina at the Beach: *** Eric Rohmer's films are an acquired taste. This one, like most of his films, is about young French people playing at, and talking about, love. It's hooking up, French style! Try it, you may like it.

I'll say this about Voom's Cinema10: they have a wider selection than hdnet movies, which seems to play the same damn movies endlessly. I don't think their hd transfers are as good tough and they don't do OAR (DAMN!). People do need to give some of these movies a chance. Just b/c it's old and you've never heard of it doesn't mean it's bad :)

The Thing With Two Heads

I am watching this movie and I think it will be finished soon (thank God!). This movie is not your way to spend your evening waiting for a good sci-fi movie. Even though is categorized as a sci-fi movie, it really is a comedy that can't make you laugh. Fifty percent of the movie is based on a silly police chase that you think it will never end. I give the actors and director credit for putting these two heads together but there were obvious cuts and edits in the movie that make you wonder how the hell this ever made into 35 mm film. The HD transfer was ok but OAR would have help more. I give it 1.5 stars. It was this bad... I am glad is over.

The Usual Suspects

I have not yet caught this on Cinema10, but I love this movie. Classic storytelling with a great cast and plenty of suspense. Kevin Spacey and Gabriel Byrne are both excellent in this one. Can't wait to see it in HD!

Five Stars! * * * * *

The First time 4.0 stars. I started watching this movie and for some reason I couldn't stop watching it. It was funny and interested. HD transfered looked quite good for a 1969 movie. If you have seen Porky, you will like this one. Not as explicit as Porky but entertaining.

I would agree about the First Time. Something about it made you continue to watch it. It was also cool to see Niagara Falls back in the sixties, since I was just there a year ago. I would say it was a 3.5.

I then stuck around for The Incredible Two Head Transplant. Surprisingly this one also was intresting enough to keep my attention. Murders were weak, but I didn't expect much. Maybe 3 stars on it.

To finish out my evening, I caught most of It: The Thing From Outer Space. I love horror movies, but this was a little too much cheesyness for me. 1.5 stars.

All in all, a good night for Voom!

My two favorites so far are Molly and Rush. I'd give 'em both about 3 1/2 stars. I think Rush is the better movie - a drug classic - but Molly looked better transfer-wise. Also was able to catch a few minutes of A Clockwork Orange, a great movie, but it looked like crap.

A Little Princess. 4.5 stars if you have not watched this movie, you have missed a good evening at the movies with your entire family. Story, character and HD transfer are excellent. A must see.

Dream Lover: 4.0 stars I caught it the other night about 3am. I couldn't sleep. The movie stars very slow and it picks up later on. Quite a surprising ending and good one too. I kept wondering how the heck he got married to a woman that only invited one friend to the ceremony. That would be enough to say that something is wrong. Good movie. HD transfer was very good.

Late Night Shopping 2.5 stars : Nothing too original here, but entertaining enough for what it is -- one of those movies about a group of twentysomething friends and their relationship issues and bad jobs. I kinda liked some of the cheesy music - at least it gave the surround speakers something to do. Looked pretty good, too - and it's a relatively new movie (2001). Wouldn't go out of my way to see it again, but enjoyed it the first time around.

Grievous Bodily Harm 3.0 Stars. I personally did not like the story of this movie but it was ok. The HD transfer was very good.

The Burning 2 stars : Pretty horrible! It's your classic crazed-killer-at-camp horror-type thing with rivers of blood and spectacularly bad writing and acting. But I'm pretty sure that's George Costanza (Jason Alexander, is it?) in a minor role as one of the campers. I can't lie, though -- I musta been in just the right mood, cuz i kinda liked it!

In The Time Of Butterflies 2 stars : Not bad, really -- just a little on the slow side for me. Without Salma Hayek, I probably wouldn't have kept watching.

The Hills Have Eyes 3 stars : I was a little disappointed with the picture quality and sound, but the movie itself is a frickin' classic!

The Birdcage 3 stars : I'm actually watching this one right now, so it may be a little early for a review, but I think I pretty much get the idea. The whole premise is a little hard to believe ( I just don't think Robin Williams' character would agree to pretend to be straight ), but it's a good cast with some amusing bits and decent picture and sound. But please, never ever again do i want to see Hank Azaria in a thong. Ever.

HOOISERS - - 4.5 Stars A personal favorite. Good transfer. Great underdog story. Dennis Hopper is great in this film and Gene Hackman is steady as always.

Pinata 3.5 stars : Cheesy horror movie with a pinata that kills college kids on an island - but very well-done. Very good picture, excellent sound - a refreshing workout for 5.1 systems. Also has some pretty good special effects - along with some lame ones. Definitely worth a look - especially if you're rocking' the 5.1!

F/X 4 stars : I have kind of a soft spot for this movie - it was the first thing I ever rented on VHS back in the day! Still love it! And not bad transfer-wise and sound-wise either.

Thelma and Louise 4 stars : Now I see what all the fuss was about - it's a damned good movie! In the spirit of full disclosure though, I must admit I find it hard to dislike anything with Geena Davis -- Hey, Voom-folks, how 'bout The Long Kiss Goodnight in HD? Please?

Mississippi Burning 4 stars : First time I've seen it. Really enjoyed it, although it is one of those stories that kinda pisses ya off. Great acting, too. The sound, however, was rather..uh..uninspiring.

Behind Enemy Lines .5 star : I fell asleep about an hour into it. Not a good sign for an action movie!

Just Between Friends 2.5 stars : Well, the picture wasn't very good and there wasn't anything exciting happening with the sound; the story itself was okay. Didn't love the movie overall, but I didn't turn the channel either.

Instant Karma 1 star : I thought the transfer was very good. And the sound was pretty good. And every so often they threw in an interesting camera angle or lighting. And that's about all the good I have to say about this movie. Just awful in terms of story and writing and acting.

Mr. Accident .5 star : Great transfer, good sound. Horrible movie. The kind of slapstick pratfall pie-in-the-face kind of "comedy" that I assume would only appeal to children - yet it's rated PG-13 and has a couple scenes obviously not intended for kids. And Yahoo Serious?! Am I supposed to find him funny based solely on his name and hair? Can't imagine ever wanting to watch another minute of this movie.

The Birdcage 4.0 was fantastic! What a laugh? HD Transfer was excellent! A must see if you have not seen it. A must see if you seen it but never in HD. Movie was AOR (1:85:1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)