Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Mike's Murder - ** (2 Stars)
SYNOPSIS: A Los Angeles bank teller probes her lover's brutal death with his partner, who may be next.
RATING: R *+
STARRING: Debra Winger

Best part of this one was watching Debra Winger "bounce" from one location to another.

The Big Heat - ** (2.5 Stars)
SYNOPSIS: A gun moll helps a detective find the gangsters who killed his wife. Directed by Fritz Lang.
RATING: NR ***
NOTES: Black and White, English (Good Transfer)
STARRING: Glenn Ford
Gloria Grahame
Jocelyn Brando
Alexander Scourby
Lee Marvin
Jeanette Nolan

Enjoyed watching Glenn Ford and Lee Marvin. Quality Transfer, Decent movie.

Paperhouse - 3.5 stars : Starts off a little slow, but gets creepier - and has better imagery and cooler soundbursts - as it goes on. Pretty cool.

Tom Thumb: 2.5 HD Transfer was not that great. My kids enjoy the movie with all the toys, singing and dancing. I do not know the aspect ratio of this one but if it is not 1:85:1 then it would have been a lot better to show it in its OAR.

Places In The Heart 2.5 very warm story. I saw this movie a long time ago but again here the HD Transfer was not that great! I don't own the DVD (if there is one) but I would love to see how it looked on the DVD. There were scene that looked very good (especially where there was a lot of lighting) but otherwise it looked soft. I decided to watch it because all the good actors. It is very unusual when you find 4-5 different well known actors in a movie and the movie doesn't suck. This story was very good.

Hoodlum - 3.5 stars : I thought the cast was outstanding and that this is a really good movie. Thought the picture could be sharper, and a little more surround channel action wouldn't hurt - but the gunshots and explosion did sound good.

In Country - 3.5 stars : I really liked this movie. I think Bruce Willis did a pretty damned good job, although Emily Lloyd may have overdone it a little bit - but she's so darned cute I really didn't mind! While the transfer wasn't the sharpest in history, it wasn't bad either. The surround mix is one of the best that I've heard on an HD Cinema 10 movie. And the story, especially the end, was just downright touching.

TheTimm said:
Hoodlum - 3.5 stars : I thought the cast was outstanding and that this is a really good movie. Thought the picture could be sharper, and a little more surround channel action wouldn't hurt - but the gunshots and explosion did sound good.

I give it a 4. :)

The Voyage of the damn: Not the greatest PQ you will find but it was ok. The story is kind of slow but it is a good one. It's based on a true story and it was played on Epics. So I guess it is an Epic (sort of).

This is the reason I love the Cinema 10 Channels!

"I Come In Peace" - 1990 **** (Four Stars. It's not that good, I just like it!)
CATEGORY: Action / Ad (SciFi)
SYNOPSIS: An alien policeman and an FBI agent hunt an alien hulk which kills for heroin in Houston.
RATING: R
STARRING: Dolph Lundgren and Brian Benben

I've been waiting to chow down again on this little junk-food gem for 10 years!
Lots of action, loads of explosions, and too many one-liners to count! (The last one is the best one). Enjoy it while you can, I doubt you will ever see this one anywhere else. Great transfer, too, both video and sound!

Way to go, VOOM!

Finally, I beat the PG!

Kept trying till I finally caught this one:
"The Terminator" CATEGORY: SciFi **** (Four Stars)
SYNOPSIS: A ruthless 21st-century cyborg comes to 1984 Los Angeles to kill a waitress and change history. Directed by James Cameron.
RATING: R ***+
STARRING: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Linda Hamilton
Michael Biehn
Paul Winfield
Lance Henriksen
Bill Paxton

Not much I can add, most of us know this one well. I will say one thing: I did a comparison with the new special edition DVD. VOOM version won, hands down. (Even my wife was impressed with the difference - that's an accomplishment!)

TechCop said:
"I Come In Peace" - 1990 **** (Four Stars. It's not that good, I just like it!

Lots of action, loads of explosions, and too many one-liners to count! (The last one is the best one). Great transfer, too, both video and sound!

Way to go, VOOM!

I Come In Peace - 3.5 stars : Good call, TechCop! This movie frickin' rocks! It ain't gonna win any awards, but it sure is fun to watch! Love the surround sound mix - and there's plenty of gunplay and explosions to showcase. Aliens, drugs, chases, renegade cop, by-the-book fed, bad one-liners (and that last hilarious one!), even a little gratuitous nudity - what more could you want out of a movie?

Flawless - 3 stars : Surprisingly good sound, and a pretty good PQ too. The movie itself I found pretty entertaining, although I don't agree with it being labelled a "comedy" in the PG. Seems more like a drama, albeit one with comedic elements. I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was excellent as a drag queen (although I still haven't forgiven him for wearing a "Detroit Sucks" t-shirt in Almost Famous). DeNiro was, well...DeNiro.

Innocent Lies - 2 stars : Sound pretty good, PQ pretty good. Movie pretty dull. Kept waiting for it to pick up but it never really did.

Europa Europa - 3.5 stars : Stumbled into this while channel-surfing and got hooked! Great story. Good PQ, too. Sound coulda been better.

Cimarron - 2.5 stars : I actually thought it was pretty good, but it ran a little long and I started to lose interest by the end. It started strong, though, with the Oklahoma land rush and all. Enjoyed the surround mix - PQ ok.

Dark Habits 3.0 This one is not for everybody. I could have easily given a 2.0 but I am such a Pedro Almondovar fan that I love most of his movies. This one was a strange since it was hard to predict what was all about. It was non-oar and it would have been better if it had been shown oar. PQ is not great so OAR would have helped.

P.S. This one is one I am putting on DVD. The quality when recorded to the HS2 is as good as a DVD.

Dark Habits - 2 stars : Those are some freaky nuns! Bad sound, even worse PQ, very strange (though interesting) movie, nuns on dope. And while I don't speak Spanish well, I know enough to realize the translator didn't do a very good job - kinda shorthanding a lot of the translations ( example: a rather sarcastic "que interesante" - how interesting - comes out "oh,yeah".)

Persona - 2 stars - Stylish, pretty, sexy, somewhat trippy. And a little on the dull side, but somehow you don't want to change the channel. Very good PQ, good enough sound.

Manchurian Candidate. 3.5 stars. Finally saw this classic. It's slow in some places, the cold war theme is a bit dated, but overall a good thriller. Got me curious about the new remake with Denzel Wasjington. PQ is only so so.

Time After Time - 3 stars : Pretty cool. Time travel with famous folks - what's not to like? Good PQ, weak sound, Corey Feldman (his debut,maybe?) as Boy in Museum.