Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Carmen Profound 3.5 stars very unsual movie with a very unsual plot. Two characters with deep psychological problems rooted in them go through a killing rampage that in their mind is a good way of living. At the end justice serves them right by been convicted without a trial. The old rule an eye-for-an eye.

The Winged Serpent 2.0 stars I saw this one a long time ago. Only thing about it was that you could see the Twin Towers as they were before 9/11. The movie itself is not all that great but it kept me in my seat to see what was going to happen. The PQ and sound were quite good for such an old movie.

Friday the 13th, Part V: A New Beginning 3.0 stars I think Monsters HD now has aired all of them. This one had a great PQ and I loved it. My type of movie - blood, nudity, and of course, Jason.

Delicatessen - 3.5 stars: Quite unusual, which in this case was a good thing. Odd story, told with a lot of style. I particularly liked the bits where they made music out of everyday ordinary sounds. Great sound, and an excellent-looking movie. Very creatively shot. Thought the scene near the end with the water flowing out of the bathroom was spectacularly good.

Carmin Profund - 2.5 stars: Unlikeable, somewhat disgusting characters doing despicable things. But the story itself was good enough to keep me entertained, and I especially enjoyed the ending.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - 2.5 stars: Not bad, as long as you don't take it too seriously. It's a horribly-acted nonsense slasher flick, but sometimes that's all ya need. The surround sound was quite good and it was fun to see Ron Palillo (Welcome Back Kotter's Arnold Horshack) in a small role in the beginning.

Manito - 2.5 stars: A powerful, if familiar, story. The obviously low budget leads to somewhat low production value (crappy pq) which actually works for this film -- it kinda gives it a documentary feel. I thought the acting and dialogue were very good.

Behind The Sun - 2.5 stars: A long-running feud between two Brazilian families reaches its peak in this good-looking, if somewhat obvious, film. I thought the surround sound was very good, and the circus chick was hot.

Hamlet - 1 star: I've tried to watch this one a couple times now and all I've learned - other than Julia Stiles is even prettier in HD - is that this movie makes for a darned fine sleeping aid.

Murphy's Romance - 4 stars: I like this one. We join a couple lives in progress and move along at a slow pace getting to know and like and root for the characters. Sally Field and James Garner do a great job of bringing the characters to life. It feels real. A very good love story.

Dead Man - 3 stars : Not a great movie, but it's just weird enough and different enough to really hold my interest. Incorporates many classic western themes -- mild mannered man turned gunslinger, wanted man on the run, lost soul with Indian guide -- but has an unusual way of presenting everything. The black and white pq is very good and the musical score -- simple but ultra-cool electric guitar -- sounds excellent. Some of the images are beautiful, others slightly disturbing. It's fascinating to watch Johnny Depp's transformation as the story progresses.

The Son's Room - 2.5 stars: A sad movie about a family grieving over the death of their son/brother. Very well-acted, if a bit slow moving.

Il Viaggio In Italia (My Voyage to Italy) - 3 stars: Long. Very long. Like over four hours long. (Full disclosure: There are bits and pieces I haven't seen yet, but I've seen enough to have an opinion.) It's a documentary made by and narrated by Martin Scorsese. It takes an in-depth look at Italian movies. And I mean in-depth -- it's like taking a class that's taught by an absolute expert. Scorsese points out things I never would have noticed, and makes me want to see some of these films. A great introduction to Italian films.

The Last Waltz - 4 stars: Martin Scorsese's documentary of The Band's 1976 farewell concert. Looked good, sounded awesome. And what a concert! The Band sure had some hits. Not to mention special appearances by Neil Diamond...Joni Mitchell...Bob Dylan...Ronnie Hawkins...Muddy Waters...Emmylou Harris...Van Morrison...Neil Young...Eric Clapton...
If I had any problem at all with this film, it was with the parts in between the songs -- some of it dragged a little and made them look a little dorky.

Joyride - 2 stars: Pretty cool movie, especially when you consider how bad it is. Has Spiderman (Tobey Maguire), Batman (Adam West), and a couple hot chicks. A little blood, one good explosion, and some decent sound. And Benicio Del Toro. And yet it's just not very good.

Subspecies - 1.5 stars: Pretty stupid, but my guess is if you're tuning in to this you pretty much know it's gonna be stupid. Still somewhat entertaining -- looks decent, has some blood and a little nudity, and even a few really stupid little monsters created from a vampire's fingertips.

Picture Bride - 3.5 stars: One of those treats that I probably never would have had if not for HDCinema 10. This movie just kinda drew me into the minds of the characters, got me thinking, entertained me, and left me feeling good. PQ was pretty darned good, and I thought they did a real good job with the surround effects.

TheTimm said:
The Last Waltz - 4 stars: Martin Scorsese's documentary of The Band's 1976 farewell concert. Looked good, sounded awesome. And what a concert! The Band sure had some hits. Not to mention special appearances by Neil Diamond...Joni Mitchell...Bob Dylan...Ronnie Hawkins...Muddy Waters...Emmylou Harris...Van Morrison...Neil Young...Eric Clapton...
If I had any problem at all with this film, it was with the parts in between the songs -- some of it dragged a little and made them look a little dorky.

Ummm... isn 't this on Filmfest? I did watch this on Filmfest tonight (now yesterday)...

TheTimm said:
Il Viaggio In Italia (My Voyage to Italy) - 3 stars: Long. Very long. Like over four hours long. (Full disclosure: There are bits and pieces I haven't seen yet, but I've seen enough to have an opinion.) It's a documentary made by and narrated by Martin Scorsese. It takes an in-depth look at Italian movies. And I mean in-depth -- it's like taking a class that's taught by an absolute expert. Scorsese points out things I never would have noticed, and makes me want to see some of these films. A great introduction to Italian films.

SH*T! I missed this!

When can I record this, does anybody know?

Chances Are - 3.5 stars: I like a little reincarnation in a movie -- makes it kinda fun. Good cast, good story, good time. Picture's a little grainy, but that's easy to get past with a movie that's as entertaining as this one is.

Universal Soldier: The Return - 0 stars: Complete and utter crap. I can't believe anyone actually enjoys this garbage. Stupid story, poorly done, some of the worst acting ever. There isn't even surround sound -- dead air from the surrounds and center. Picture's okay, I guess -- but so what? If you can watch more than forty-five minutes of this nonsense you're a bigger glutton for stupidity than I am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)