Which HD Receiver should I get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kevin1514

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Seattle
Hi, I am upgrading to HD programming and ordered an HD DVR from D*. My pending orders on D*'s website shows that I am getting an HR-20, but since I am in the Seattle market and they already have most of my locals over the satellite should I have an HR-21 instead? Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately unless D* sends you the box or you buy it from one of the sponsors you won't have much choice as to which model you get nor if its a refurb or new. If you get a HR21 and still need OTA you can request an AM21 converter.

My AM-21 Is a big disappointment freezes, my HR21 all the time when ever I record from it.. I have signal strength of at 100% for both tuners for most of my stations and just under that for the rest.. But I do not think it lives up to its expiations.. I got my for free I had to call the retention number for DIRECTV, I paid $50.00 for it no shipping No tax and I am getting $10.00 a month credit for it for the next six months… I am glad I got it for free I would have been bitching more If I had to pay for some thing that really did not work.. The picture is outstanding when I watch local channels when a big thunderstorm moves thru my area, but I can not as I said record any thing form it!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)