Which HD receiver should I get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would buy an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. My next choice would be an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. :) I bet you can tell I really like owning an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. In fact, if my wife told me either my Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver goes or she goes I would say "goodbye" it's been fun. :)

What is your third choice for a receiver??? :rolleyes:

Is there a difference between the Openbox, Sathawk or the Solomend??? :confused:

What is your third choice for a receiver??? :rolleyes:

My third choice would be the Openbox S9 HD PVR FTA receiver. :) I'm thinking about getting rid of all my other non DVB-S2 / HD FTA receivers except one (Coolsat 4000 to use for dish alignment) and purchasing a second Openbox S9 HD PVR FTA receiver for the bedroom.

Pansat 9200 would probably be the only option with those parameters but last I checked Fashion HD is scrambled

There is a Fashion One Channel on 97.0W at 11990 (V) / 21998Ks, it's not in HD but it keeps making reference to calling your service provider for the HD version. Is this what you guys are talking about?

I don't believe that Fashion One and FTV HD are the same channel at all. I have no idea where the HD channel of Fashion One is, nor have I ever heard of any service provider even carrying the SD version. On the other hand, I'm not aware of FTV ever having an SD version.

So has anyone done this?
"The OpenBoxS9.us PVR Suite also allows you to record 4:2:2 video and play back on your computer or home media center in minutes!"

Yes, on other receivers, though. The PVR receivers don't have a problem recording a 4:2:2 feed, they just can't display it . So the recorded stream is converted and played back on a PC. I don't think it's awfully valuable since most of the 4:2:2 stuff is sports feeds, and I want to watch them in real time, not "later , at my convenience". But the option exists and some people use it.
:)

I don't believe that Fashion One and FTV HD are the same channel at all. I have no idea where the HD channel of Fashion One is, nor have I ever heard of any service provider even carrying the SD version. On the other hand, I'm not aware of FTV ever having an SD version.

Fashion One HD is on 91.5 EAST (over Asia) they're running crawls about their HD channel making it sound like it's available everywhere. FTV was on 97 W in SD for quite a few years before it went to HD and scrambled.

The 2 channels are competitors, FTV being the better of the two.

So has anyone done this?
"The OpenBoxS9.us PVR Suite also allows you to record 4:2:2 video and play back on your computer or home media center in minutes!"

If that's your motivation for buying from a guy who calls this site "sadguys" or "satgays" on his main website, don't. The software for converting from the OpenBox's .dvr format to .ts format is out there for free, even though it may not have the OpenBox or SatHawk name on it. (When I got mine, it was labeled for the Ariva A200.) You can then play the converted files with any current version of the free VLC media player. (The Windows 7 version of Windows Media Player also plays .ts files natively, but I haven't checked whether it has native support for 4:2:2 video. That's another advantage of VLC by the way -- it's completely self-contained, so it won't screw up your Windows codec configuration no matter what you do.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)